2 dependencies of narayana-jts-integration not published in Maven Central?

David Wichers

Dec 21, 2023, 4:28:19 PM12/21/23
to narayana-users
If you look at this dependencies pom:

You'll see:

```

    <dependency>

      <groupId>org.jboss.narayana.jts</groupId>

      <artifactId>idlj-idl-openjdk</artifactId>

      <scope>provided</scope>

    </dependency>

    <dependency>

      <groupId>org.jboss.narayana.jts</groupId>

      <artifactId>jtax</artifactId>

      <scope>provided</scope>

    </dependency>

```

but neither of these dependencies are published in maven central.  Is that an oversite or bug?

For example, when you use mvn dependency:go-offline on this dependency, it tries to fetch these two referenced dependencies but it can't find them in central.

-Dave

Marco Sappe Griot

Dec 22, 2023, 4:55:54 AM12/22/23
to David Wichers, narayana-users
Good morning David,
you are right, those dependencies are not in Maven Central, but are buildable from the source: https://github.com/jbosstm/narayana/tree/main/ArjunaJTS/idl/idlj-openjdk and https://github.com/jbosstm/narayana/blob/main/ArjunaJTS/jtax/pom.xml
Building Narayana project you should be able to find those dependencies in your m2 folder.

Best regards,
Marco

Tom Jenkinson

Dec 22, 2023, 5:09:08 AM12/22/23
to Marco Sappe Griot, David Wichers, narayana-users
Hi Dave,

As Marco indicated, they are buildable from the source. The Narayana project typically expected the uber-jars like narayana-jts-idlj to be used directly, rather than the constituent parts (here you can find the shading for that module: https://github.com/jbosstm/narayana/blob/main/ArjunaJTS/narayana-jts-idlj/pom.xml#L112-L141). I am not sure if it's really intended org.jboss.narayana.jts:idlj-idl-openjdk isn't deploy to nexus, but I guess it's intended to not be deployed and just used later in the build.

I think it's possible that org.jboss.narayana.jts:jtax should be expected to deploy, depending on whether it can be used on it's own? I have raised https://github.com/jbosstm/narayana/pull/2192 but put it on hold. Considering what other modules have the word (I was using a case-insensitive search) maven-install-plugin vs nexus-staging-maven-plugin in them, we also have:
./ArjunaJTA/spi/pom.xml
./ArjunaJTS/orbportability/pom.xml
./XTS/localjunit/unit/pom.xml
./rts/lra/coordinator-war/pom.xml
./rts/lra/proxy/test/pom.xml
I doubt the test related ones should be deployed to nexus, and (assuming any maven-install-plugin in them does indeed cause them to be installed) they are just used by other modules to run some tests and shouldn't be deployed to nexus. I am not sure if it would be appropriate to deploy spi, orbportability or coordinator-war to nexus, it would depend on whether they can be meaningfully used directly.

Thanks,
Tom