Duplicate JAX-RS filter registration in LRA

Iain Lewis

Jun 1, 2020, 10:09:41 AM6/1/20
to narayana-users
I'm trying to run the narayana LRA implementation on Open Liberty, and I think I'm running into a bug. The symptom I see is that two LRAs seem to be created for each call to an annotated resource, only one of which is completed properly. It looks to me as if this is caused by ServerLRAFilter being registered twice, once implicitly because ServerLRAFilter is a Provider, and once explicitly in FilterRegistration.
Running on Wildfly with tracing on, you can see a message from resteasy saying that a duplicate registration is being ignored.
Open Liberty uses Apache CXF as its JAX-RS implementation, and this seems to accept the duplicate registration, which I think causes the problem I'm seeing.
Is there any reason why Narayana has two paths to register ServerLRAFilter? Could one of them be removed?

Iain

Michael Musgrove

Jun 1, 2020, 10:17:52 AM6/1/20
to narayana-users
I agree that it is a bug. I have raised https://issues.redhat.com/browse/JBTM-3323 to get it fixed and I marked it critical.

Thanks for the report.

Martin Stefanko

Jun 3, 2020, 4:03:21 AM6/3/20
to narayana-users
Hi Iain,

the PR with the fix [1] has been merged. Do you mind trying out the latest Narayana SNAPSHOT and verifying it works for you?

Thank you,
Martin

Iain Lewis

Jun 3, 2020, 10:49:49 AM6/3/20
to narayana-users
Just test with the latest snapshot and it has fixed the issue I was seeing.
Thank you for looking at this!

Iain