Mopidy integration

Sylvain Willy

Nov 18, 2020, 12:38:22 PM11/18/20
to Napster API
Hello,

I'd like to integrate Napster with Mopidy (https://mopidy.com). There are already a lot of providers but Napster is not part of them (https://mopidy.com/ext).

My goal would be to create a FLOSS backend for Mopidy. From quickly studying the API, it seems an application API is required, this mean each user would have to create a developer account and have a user account to log in to.

I am not sure whether this is permitted by the terms of use. Could you please validate that this is ok ?

Thank you in advance !

Dillon Easter

May 20, 2021, 5:06:07 PM5/20/21
to Napster API
Hello!

Apologies for the delay in response. If I understand your question correctly, you're asking whether a user needs to create a developer account in order to create a Napster user account to use our services? While creating a developer account will create a trial Napster account for you behind-the-scenes in order for you to get acquainted with our services, these are two independent systems. In order to create Napster users that are capable of authenticating with our API and stream music, one must either go through the manual process of creating a Napster account via our website (https://us.napster.com/plans), or reach out about creating a partner integration in order to access our account provisioning systems: https://business.napster.com/

Hopefully this is helpful, but please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. To be clear, we specifically DO NOT want any integration to try and provision Napster Developer accounts in order to give users access to our services--developer accounts are solely used for managing credentials used to access our services, not user accounts.

Best,
Dillon Easter