Re: Accounts keep getting restricted.

Neil Breeden

Jan 5, 2023, 4:43:31 PM1/5/23
to Jerick 120, Napster API
Hi,

Please expand on "unable to use streaming services after some time."

Are you able to stream then, after some time elapses, you can no longer stream any tracks? What API are you calling which returns the failure? What is the HTTP status code of that response, and what information is included in the body?

Two things come to mind:

1) OAuth tokens have a fixed TTL. They expire and require new auth tokens to be requested based on the refresh token included in the last successful OAuth authentication attempt.
2) Similar to the OAuth tokens mentioned above, sessions also expire. When expired, a new session needs to be requested. There are a fixed number of active sessions your client/app can have at any time. A new session can expire previously created sessions depending on your application configuration on our side. The API response will include details in the body informing you when this has occurred.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 11:36 PM Jerick 120 <jeric...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there!
We built a discord bot called Audicy.
More information and usage of this bot can be found here : https://top.gg/bot/1021443166668341361

Unfortunately accounts that sign up to napster and authorize our app keep getting restricted and unable to use streaming services after some time.
We followed every terms of use that we possibly could and are unsure about the cause of this.

We would like some information on this so we can fix the issue to prevent this from hapening.

Message has been deleted