Preview track availability and API status

Robin Rossow

Jan 5, 2022, 6:38:20 PM1/5/22
to Napster API
Hello!

I'm having some Issues with a lot of preview URLs which I'm getting from the API.
For example https://listen.hs.llnwd.net/g2/7/4/8/1/6/902061847.mp3 returns a 404 instead of a preview version of the song "You Were On My Mind" by Barry McGuire.

I also noticed the API status page isn't working as well, could this be correlated?
The problems started today.

Thanks!
Rob

Napster API

Jan 6, 2022, 11:01:01 AM1/6/22
to Napster API
Thanks for reporting this issue. We made a change at our CDN for preview locations, and some content was missed in this update. We are in the process of identifying all affected tracks and correct them. This process will take several days.

For the former API status page, this was deprecated in 2021 and all links removed from our developer portal. The fact that an API call returns data should now suffice to determine if the API is functioning.

Thanks again,
The Napster Team

Robin Rossow

Jan 6, 2022, 11:35:39 AM1/6/22
to Napster API

Hey thanks for the quick response, that's nice to hear.
The link to the API status page does still exists here though:

Screenshot 2022-01-06 173431.png

Kind regards,
Rob