New Release Albums by Genre

Jason Unterman

May 19, 2021, 5:45:08 PM5/19/21
to Napster API
Hello,

I want to to get new releases for specific genres. I see the end point for it, but was wondering if anyone knows what is considered a "New Release".  Anything within the last month? year?  When I make the call I see results from a year ago.

Is there a way to give a start date and end date so I can limit the number of returns?  I only want to get albums from this and the previous months. I can limit it on my end, if i must, but I was hoping there was a way to limit it on the api side.

The end point I'm looking at is /v2.2/genres/g.397/albums/new.

Thanks

Dillon Easter

May 20, 2021, 4:34:26 PM5/20/21
to Jason Unterman, Napster API
Hey Jason,

I'm curious if you can provide an example curl (with limit and offset) that resulted in data being returned from a year ago--hopefully if there is a bug that data can help us correct it. Just scanning the return results with limit=100, I'm not seeing any examples of data from a year ago.

With respect to what is considered a "New Release", our backend teams have a daily job that queries content by popularity and release date and serves that data as a result of this endpoint call. Unfortunately there's currently not a way to provide a date-range for this endpoint to narrow the results, so any filtering for specific time ranges would have to be on the client side (your implementation).

Hopefully this was helpful, but please let me know if you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns.

Best,
Dillon Easter

Dillon Easter / Software Development Engineer

M: +1 (206) 931-4541

Jason Unterman

May 24, 2021, 8:58:30 AM5/24/21
to Napster API
Hey,

There are many that were released in 2020.  Once instance is album with id "alb.496543011".  I opened the response in a new tab in Chrome and did a search on ```"released":"2020``` and  get back 101 results.  I can definitely filter this on my side, so its not a big deal.

I am also getting back 915 results, even though I have a limit of 200 in the query string.

Thanks,