Visual Syntax Method?

Rob Hooft

Nov 25, 2021, 4:07:45 AM11/25/21
to nanopu...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone in this group know the Visual Syntax Method? Should/Could we discuss this once in a meeting, and see how it relates to nanopublications?

https://vsm.github.io

Rob

Rob W.W. Hooft || Skype: robhooft || Phone: +31 6 27034319 || @rwwh
Programme Manager Data Stewardship @ Dutch Techcentre for Life Sciences (DTL) http://www.dtls.nl/

Tobias Kuhn

Nov 25, 2021, 10:03:28 AM11/25/21
to Rob Hooft, nanopu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob and all,

I have seen this before and briefly looked at it.

It looks nice, but it seems to me that the creators are a bit
overzealous in declaring it superior to other solutions. It seems to me
that the whole approach would be stronger if it built more upon existing
proven notations and approaches, such as RDF, first-order logic and
controlled natural languages. I built myself similar systems (e.g.
AceWiki) more than 10 years ago.

But would surely be an interesting topic to discuss in one of our next
meetings. I added a note to our agenda.

Regards,
Tobias