DNA wrapped around nanotube

Lukas Bartmann

Jul 22, 2021, 2:31:00 PM7/22/21
to nanoengineer-dev
Hello Everyone!

I am trying to build a CAD model where a DNA is wrapped around a nanotube. Is it possible to wrap a double standed DNA around an axis rather than along an axis with this software?

The goal would be to have a similar structure like this at the end: DNA around nanotube - Bing images

Thank you very much for your comments and help,
Lukas

Tom

Jul 22, 2021, 2:41:04 PM7/22/21
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukas,

I've done some models like that in NE1, images attached. In NE1 I had to create the manually by hand which means to drag dna atoms around the tube, do a quick adjustment (NOT energy minimization) and repeat this process a few times until you have something nice. Maybe someone has a better way?

Tom

cnt dna.png
pam dna wrap.PNG