ne1 and win7

Vlad

Sep 20, 2012, 4:28:46 PM9/20/12
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
Please help me to start NE-1 on win7. The error in main.exe.log
ends with^ bsddb._db.DBNoSuchFileError

Tom

Sep 20, 2012, 5:17:32 PM9/20/12
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vlad.

The only version of NE1 I think works on windows 7 is 1.1.1 or earlier. If I remember right the last version doesn't work.

Tom

Vlad

Sep 22, 2012, 2:02:07 AM9/22/12
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
thank you, Tom

Bruce Allen

Sep 24, 2012, 11:09:57 AM9/24/12
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know NE-1 must run under Win 7 SP1 since any higher service pack breaks the existing Python DLLs in the NE-1 distribution. One sorely needed upgrade to NE-1 is to upgrade it to nolonger need old scientific packages and perhaps get it to the level where it will run under Python 3.x.

Bryan Bishop

Sep 24, 2012, 11:23:32 AM9/24/12
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Bishop
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Bruce Allen <clau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> and perhaps get it to the level where it will run under Python 3.x.

Why is everyone so adamant about python 3 support? Use the chroot and
run 2to3 if it's that important to you.. IMHO, the current direction
has been working so far. We have nanoengineer running in a chroot
successfully, we have successive versions of Linux being used to
upgrade the individual components, and a modest start to separating
the UI from the other libraries.

Has anyone seen Mark? The wiki went dead and I can't get a backup.
Haven't heard from him either.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507

Bruce Allen

Sep 24, 2012, 11:28:09 AM9/24/12
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
What windows service pack is installed? Did you install NE-1 version 1.1.1 from the self-extracting archive

NanoEngineer-1_Suite_v1.1.1.exe?

Bryan Bishop

Sep 24, 2012, 2:38:17 PM9/24/12
to Mark Sims, Bryan Bishop, nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Mark Sims <ma...@nanorex.com> wrote:
> I will look into this tonight and report tomorrow what I find out( hopefully, that it is an easy fix).

Okay, just let me know if you need my assistance.

prakhar gupta

Sep 25, 2012, 7:33:48 AM9/25/12
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
Through NanoEngineer can I generate coordinates for LAMMPS?
--
Prakhar Gupta

Research Associate
Faculty of Engineering
Dayalbagh Educational Institute (DEI),Agra
India

Tom

Sep 25, 2012, 7:39:09 AM9/25/12
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
You can export as a PDB file, and I believe there are tools to go from there.

Tom

prakhar gupta

Sep 25, 2012, 7:40:13 AM9/25/12
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
Ya but read file requires the coordinate.

Vlad

Oct 16, 2012, 7:40:13 AM10/16/12
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
thank you all. I finally installed the Oracle Virtualbox and win XP within it.