Windows 7 x64 error

andrew...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2013, 3:12:16 PM1/1/13
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
I have tried running 1.1.1.14, 1.1.1 and 0.9.1 and got the three error logs below.

0.9.1 main.exe.log:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 100, in ?
  File "startup_funcs.pyc", line 134, in before_creating_app
  File "undo.pyc", line 116, in ?
  File "Numeric.pyc", line 91, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyc", line 12, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The parameter is incorrect.

1.1.1 main.exe.log:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 143, in ?
  File "main.py", line 138, in _start_NE1
  File "ne1_startup\main_startup.pyc", line 129, in startup_script
  File "ne1_ui\MWsemantics.pyc", line 38, in ?
  File "model\elements.pyc", line 41, in ?
  File "model\Elem.pyc", line 25, in ?
  File "model\atomtypes.pyc", line 27, in ?
  File "geometry\VQT.pyc", line 23, in ?
  File "Numeric.pyc", line 91, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyc", line 12, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The parameter is incorrect.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 143, in ?
  File "main.py", line 138, in _start_NE1
  File "ne1_startup\main_startup.pyc", line 129, in startup_script
  File "ne1_ui\MWsemantics.pyc", line 38, in ?
  File "model\elements.pyc", line 41, in ?
  File "model\Elem.pyc", line 25, in ?
  File "model\atomtypes.pyc", line 27, in ?
  File "geometry\VQT.pyc", line 23, in ?
  File "Numeric.pyc", line 91, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyc", line 12, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The parameter is incorrect.

1.1.1.14 main.log.exe:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 143, in ?
  File "main.py", line 138, in _start_NE1
  File "ne1_startup\main_startup.pyc", line 185, in startup_script
  File "ne1_ui\MWsemantics.pyc", line 37, in ?
  File "model\elements.pyc", line 42, in ?
  File "model\atomtypes.pyc", line 27, in ?
  File "geometry\VQT.pyc", line 23, in ?
  File "Numeric.pyc", line 91, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyc", line 12, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The parameter is incorrect.

If anyone has a fix I would appreciate it.

Bruce Allen

Jan 1, 2013, 9:27:09 PM1/1/13
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Are you running Windows 7 service pack 1? Most likely you are. The DLL bug is due to NE-1 DLLs needing to be relinked under Windows 7 SP1.

I have read that XP mode under Windows 7 will alow you to work around the problem. I run NE-1 under windows 7 with no service pack.

-Bruce

andrew...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2013, 12:45:11 AM1/2/13
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply,

I have been running in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 and I have been getting these errors. Is this what you mean?

Bruce Allen

Jan 2, 2013, 1:00:03 AM1/2/13
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
If you are running under XP compatablility mode under Windows 7 and are getting errors then apparently then
XP compatability mode is not a real work around for the problem. I know NE-1 works correctly under

Windows 7  - no service packs

Vista

XP all service packs.

NE-1 really needs someone to port it to Windows 7/8, Linux, and OS X by removing deprecated python packages and moving to python 3.

-Bruce

Bryan Bishop

Jan 2, 2013, 2:53:59 AM1/2/13
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Bishop, Bruce Allen
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Bruce Allen <clau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> NE-1 really needs someone to port it to Windows 7/8, Linux, and OS X by
> removing deprecated python packages and moving to python 3.

Moving to python 3 is the least of the worries. There's no real reason
to insist on that at the moment (especially since 2.7.2 is still in
long-term release mode). Nobody is going to bother to actually make
those changes other than the existing branches, so I think removing
the GUI is probably the easiest way forward.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507

andrew...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2013, 5:13:41 AM1/2/13
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Bishop, Bruce Allen
Why does Windows 7 not use python 2.7.2 if it is in long-term release mode?

Why doesn't NE1 work after I installed 2.7?