[Support] Possible importing .json from cadnano?

Feng Geng

Aug 5, 2015, 6:42:01 AM8/5/15
to nanoengineer-dev
Hi there,

I was developing a DNA nanostructure on cadnano when I realised the utilities in nanoengineer could boost this process. But there seems to be no way to import .json into nanoengineer in a coarse-graining manner. Also the PAM3-PAM5 model seems to differ from the coarse-graining model in oxDNA so that it's impossible to import .pdb from oxDNA, which could result from converting a .json file from cadnano.
Is there any utilities I can use to interconvert .json in cadnano and .mmp in nanoengineer?

Regards
Feng Geng
UCL

Bruce Allen

Apr 2, 2019, 7:37:11 PM4/2/19
to nanoengi...@googlegroups.com
hi,

The obvious answer here is NanoEngineer-1 has source code and therefore and file format can be read/imported. I have enhanced the MMP file format to include new tokens for atomistic atom types. If I had a funding stream I would update NE-1 for Window/MAC/Linux platforms.

-bruce