Able to harvest XML from Structure Report DICOM file with Nano?

David Bomba

Jun 29, 2015, 9:34:29 PM6/29/15
to nano...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

Thanks for this great library.

I was wondering if it was possible to harvest the XML of the structured report data from a DICOM SR file?

I am able to parse the file and it reports back the DICOM tags correctly, however the XML is not returned.

Is it as simple as creating the correct dictionary key and inserting this into ->parse?

Thanks
Dave

Nano.

Jun 30, 2015, 10:45:36 AM6/30/15
to nano...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

I am very glad to hear that you like the library. I have not used the XML data from a DICOM SR file, thus, I am not familiar with your request. Thus, do you think you can provide a sample test case (without personal patient information) in order for me to test what you need?

Cheers,

Nano.

David Bomba

Jul 1, 2015, 6:27:51 PM7/1/15
to nano...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nano,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been working on live datasets, but have found a sample report file from the OFFIS website.

Any information you could provide in harvesting the XML would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
report02.dcm

Nano.

Jul 2, 2015, 1:01:59 AM7/2/15
to nano...@googlegroups.com
Well, I am not fully versed with SR in DICOM. From the file provided, I am not I can find any XML data values. The data values seem to be regular DICOM tags and value.

If you run this command you will see it yourself: "./nanodcm dump --mask=report02.dcm --recursive=false" It assumes that the file you gave me is in the same location of the root of the Nanodicom package. I am not sure if that works in Windows.

If you need the data in XML, you might want to extract that from DICOM using dcmctk [1]

If you need to traverse the data from the DICOM file using Nanodicom, you might need to do some processing like the script [2]. You can take a look at some of the other scripts in here [3] for further information.

Thanks,

Nano.

wu huiqun

May 9, 2017, 1:31:34 PM5/9/17
to nanodicom
  Hi, Nano
 The two links are unable to visit.

Thanks
Jay

On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 11:34:29 UTC+10, David Bomba wrote:
Hi There,

Thanks for this great library.

I was wondering if it was possible to harvest the XML of the structured report data from a DICOM SR file?

I am able to parse the file and it reports back the DICOM tags correctly, however the XML is not returned.

Is it as simple as creating the correct dictionary key and inserting this into ->parse?

Thanks
Dave

Nano.

May 9, 2017, 4:26:31 PM5/9/17
to nano...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wu,

Which links are you referring to? The gist ones? I was able to access them without problems. The gist is public so anybody should have access to them.

Thanks,

Nano.