Odd question about the bootloader in a recent Wi-node 4 kit

Richard Baker

Dec 31, 2012, 12:39:14 PM12/31/12
to nanode...@googlegroups.com
Seasons Greetings!

Ken sent me a Wi-Node v4 and Nanode Gateway a month or so back and have finally got around to building the Wi-Node over the holiday.

Having build the board I was able to get the board running with the default sketch (the flashing LED) but could not get it to upload sketches.
Anyway after a bit of "experimentation" that involved moving a '328 from an existing  Duemilanove board ( I was experimenting following Ian's post on voltage problems and programming)  I found that the boot loader is a Duemilanove bootloader and not the expected Uno (as per the Nanode Gateway Board).

Has anyone else found this, should I have expected it?

I have also email Ken directly.

Thx
Richard

Ken Boak

Dec 31, 2012, 12:43:55 PM12/31/12
to nanode...@googlegroups.com
Richard,

The WiNode still uses the Duemilanove Bootloader, but the Gateway uses the Uno.

I hope that this clears the confusion.

Ken