Can't get the nanodeUIP to work

Ringolds Jargans

Dec 5, 2012, 4:16:46 PM12/5/12
to nanode...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
I have been trying to get the nanodeUIP to work for a while now. I'm using arduino board and a ENC60J28 module.
when trying to run it (hello world example). i get something like this:

74: Link is up
77: setup() done
11770: ip: bad checksum.
11778: udp: no matching connection found
11790: udp: no matching connection found
11802: udp: no matching connection found
17065: udp: no matching connection found
41810: udp: no matching connection found
56866: udp: no matching connection found
71858: udp: no matching connection found
101883: ip: packet shorter than reported in IP header.
101898: Assuming it was sliced by the network layer.
101912: udp: bad checksum.
101919: Ignoring because packet was sliced.
101931: udp: no matching connection found

as i see it it never gets the IP adres from the router. any ideas? else i have been stuck on this for such a long time...

Stephen Early

Dec 5, 2012, 7:13:21 PM12/5/12
to nanode...@googlegroups.com
Which version of the library are you using?  There are a number of different forks of it on github.  (The mention of slicing suggests it's not mine...)

Steve

Ringolds Jargans

Dec 6, 2012, 3:21:23 AM12/6/12
to nanode...@googlegroups.com
I was trying using https://github.com/sde1000/NanodeUIP and https://github.com/maniacbug/NanodeUIP both end up at the same place - dhcp fails.

Stephen Early

Dec 6, 2012, 5:26:15 AM12/6/12
to nanode...@googlegroups.com
Hmm.  It looks like the packets it's retrieving from the ENC28J60 are corrupt somehow.  It might be worth adding a little debug hex-dump routine to the part of the library where it examines an incoming packet, and testing it by firing packets at it from another machine - see if they look like plausible IP packets or whether they are mangled.

Also worth running tcpdump on the machine with the DHCP server to see what the packets coming from the board look like.

Steve

Ringolds Jargans

Dec 8, 2012, 1:52:02 PM12/8/12
to nanode...@googlegroups.com

Hmmm... so I did some capturing in wireshark... looks like it never gets to requesting the IP... it only does discover and then gets the offer from the router... and then sends the discover again....
CaptureDHCP.PNG