Kramdown is changing smart quotes around include paths even with `smart_quotes` off in nanoc.yaml

Dave Everitt

Apr 7, 2020, 12:49:07 PM4/7/20
to nanoc
I have the following in my nanoc.yaml file:

kramdown
:
  smart_quotes
: ["apos", "apos", "quot", "quot"]

here's a typical include from a content md file:

<%= @items['/_inc/subdir/item/'].compiled_content %>

the '_inc' folder contains 'subdir/item.md'.

On compiling, the single quotessurrounding the path above still appear in the output html as smart quotes which breaks the path:

<%= @items[‘/_inc/subdir/item/’].compiled_content %>

I previously 'fixed' a similar issue (another post here) by remaking the including file, so I tried that but the smart quotes still (annoyingly) appear.

Anyone else have this issue?

Dave Everitt

Apr 7, 2020, 1:26:34 PM4/7/20
to nanoc
I'm an idiot. I forgot to process the including file with `filter :erb` - includes are fine now, although smart quotes are still appearing elsewhere even though I've set them to 'apos' 'quote' as above.