Dead?

andoriyu

Apr 19, 2011, 3:51:26 PM4/19/11
to Nanite
What is going on with nanite? No commit on github since 2010...

Mathias Meyer

Apr 19, 2011, 4:38:11 PM4/19/11
to nan...@googlegroups.com
It's not officially dead, I just haven't gotten around to finish the big rewrite I started.

Cheers, Mathias

--
http://scalarium.com | http://paperplanes.de
http://twitter.com/roidrage

On Dienstag, 19. April 2011 at 21:51, andoriyu wrote:
> What is going on with nanite? No commit on github since 2010...

Geraud Boyer

Apr 19, 2011, 4:46:29 PM4/19/11
to nan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mathias,

I recently joined the mailing list as well, and I would like to know what you have in mind.
I am starting a new project and I am considering nanite seriously.

Could you tell us what the state of the project is?

- Geraud

Mathias Meyer

Apr 25, 2011, 10:31:54 AM4/25/11
to nan...@googlegroups.com
Geraud,

I've been doing a lot of work making the mapper tier more resiliant. We've seen its weak points in production, and I've been working on ways to improve its reliability, taking out some functionality along the way.

You can follow the changes in this branch: https://github.com/ezmobius/nanite/tree/mapper_rework

For the future, the mapper is most likely going to follow a master-worker process model with workers being responsible for specific task (e.g. routing messages, observing new and existing clients, etc.). Eventually the plan is to build an alternative mapper in Erlang, both out of curiosity and playtime, and to see if it could eliminate the weak points entirely. The idea is to build it on Riak Core to reduce the coordination overhead and focus on the logic of the mapper.

Hope this gives a good glimpse of what I've been doing.

Cheers, Mathias

William Eichin

Dec 7, 2012, 8:54:25 AM12/7/12
to nan...@googlegroups.com, pomon...@googlemail.com
Okay, it's been a year and a half since this post.  How is it going?  Are you going to update the main branch this year?

--Bill