Python Programming Blueprints - A book with some chapters on Nameko!

Marcus Pennington

Mar 16, 2018, 4:03:26 AM3/16/18
to nameko-dev
Hi everyone!

I've recently published a book Python Programming Blueprints.
As part of it, I made two chapters which were based on creating a web messenger using Nameko.

They cover the basics of creating Nameko services and go all the way to having multiple services communicating with services from other frameworks.
The chapters to look out for in this book are chapters 5 and 6.

I was thinking that it could be useful to have this book linked in the Nameko documentation somewhere for users who are new to Nameko (and prefer books to online guides).

Anyway, would love to get some feedback on my work and I hope you all like it!

Matt Yule-Bennett

Mar 16, 2018, 9:40:45 AM3/16/18
to nameko-dev
This is great! Congratulations Marcus on the publication.

I read the two relevant chapters and they are excellent. It would be great to reference the book in some kind of "getting started" page in the docs.

Marcus Pennington

Mar 17, 2018, 10:48:06 AM3/17/18
to nameko-dev
Thanks Matt! I'm flattered that you've taken the time to read it already!

I'll get together a PR and hopefully, we can get it included!