How long does it run?

WTF?

Aug 27, 2010, 4:34:27 AM8/27/10
to namebench
I started namebench 1.3.1 on Windows XP yesterday and it is still
running.

What is a typical run time?

Regards,
David

Thomas Strömberg

Aug 27, 2010, 4:48:49 AM8/27/10
to name...@googlegroups.com
Typically it takes 5-10 minutes. There is a deadlock bug with
namebench 1.3 on Windows that causes it to randomly (but rarely) hang
toward the end of doing the initial server tests:

http://code.google.com/p/namebench/issues/detail?id=150

I believe this has been fixed in the 1.5 source code, but I haven't
fully tested the conditions yet. I would restart namebench. If it
doesn't help, please share what the status message is.

WTF?

Aug 27, 2010, 7:55:06 PM8/27/10
to namebench
Well, after some more hours it finished and showed the results.

What I did was start it. Then after a few seconds changed a checkbox
(just to
see if it can be changed while the test is running) and then changed
it back.

Weird...

Regards,
David

On Aug 27, 10:48 am, Thomas Strömberg <tstromb...@google.com> wrote:
> Typically it takes 5-10 minutes. There is a deadlock bug with
> namebench 1.3 on Windows that causes it to randomly (but rarely) hang
> toward the end of doing the initial server tests:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/namebench/issues/detail?id=150
>
> I believe this has been fixed in the 1.5 source code, but I haven't
> fully tested the conditions yet. I would restart namebench. If it
> doesn't help, please share what the status message is.

Johan Frederik Hel Guedj

Apr 1, 2016, 1:00:55 PM4/1/16
to namebench, xer...@gmail.com
Same here, running since 4 hours on a Macbook Pro 2015
Message has been deleted