When Namebench Recommends a DNS with Hijacked Sites

Richard Wheeler

Jul 9, 2015, 3:40:31 PM7/9/15
to name...@googlegroups.com
The Notes for all the tested servers in my results say that Google.com is hijacked, most of them say Twitter "appears incorrect," and a several say "NXDOMAIN Hijacking". Does this mean that all the DNS servers have been hacked? If so, does that mean my computer is at risk if I go to Google or Twitter?

This raises another question: The above description applies to all the recommended servers. Why would Namebench recommend servers with known issues that, I assume, are major security threats?

Matthew Perkins

Dec 31, 2015, 9:05:47 PM12/31/15
to namebench
i'm in the Dominican Republic and all the google servers report as being hijacked - I suspect it has something to do with google resolving to google.com.do here and not going to google directily.

Not sure, and I would think this would be accounted for, but I als know little about this to know how to confirm.