What is the status of the project?

Ruijing Li

May 19, 2017, 9:48:16 PM5/19/17
to namebench
Hey everyone, I discovered namebench very recently and I love it, honestly feels like my ping is more stable and web pages load much faster since finding the fastest DNS for me. Still there are some issues I've experienced that I know plague other users, specifically the slow time it takes to find the best DNS servers (definitely not 5-10 minutes as advertised) and the whole hijacked error messages. I was wondering if the slow time is due more of a bug in the program and if this has been updated in later versions. On the official github repo I see there is a 1.5 branch, but I'm curious why there isn't a distributed binary or explanation on if 1.5 is stable and better than 1.3. Also I know there's a 2.0 version, but it seems to have been abandoned, so who currently is maintaining the most up-to-date version? A link to the github would be great!

Алексей Соломин

May 12, 2019, 3:22:24 AM5/12/19
to namebench
https://github.com/google/namebench