August Rideout

DaveG

Aug 18, 2012, 2:04:46 PM8/18/12
to nam_...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

I've just noticed in the News Guardian newspaper that the Seaton Burn roundabout is to be closed from 8pm tonight until 6am Monday. That means access to Seaton Burn Services will be compromised. It doesn't say what diversions will be in place but I would think that the easiest access will be from the road to Blagdon. Fortunately that's the road we've chosen to start the ride on!

If approaching from the west then the route from Ponteland would seem best.

If you're coming from the east then using Blagdon Lane (past the Snowy Owl) might be advisable. You'll need to approach the Snowy Owl using Fisher Lane from Cramlington, not from Seaton Burn as I expect that there will be no access from Seaton Burn roundabout onto Fisher Lane.

From the north you might be better to leave the A1 just south of Stannington and pick up the Blagdon road.
I haven't worked out a good route from the south, so if you're coming that way maybe you need to get the maps out or check the roads on Google maps.

Cheers - Dave