Nairuby: Ruby Thursdays: Traveling Ruby behind the scenes:implementation & future (Zoom)

Bernard Banta

Apr 7, 2021, 3:05:51 PM4/7/21
to nai...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I'd like to invite you for a Ruby Thursdays meetup on Zoom tomorrow on Thursday from 6pm to 8pm.

In this meetup we'll talk about Traveling Ruby: self-contained, portable Ruby binaries.

Traveling Ruby helps Ruby developers package their apps in a way that works on multiple Linux, Windows and macOS versions. Making apps that work on multiple versions of an OS is not easy, mainly because of binary compatibility issues. This talk explains what binary compatibility is, how Traveling Ruby solves it, and how our approach differs from alternatives such as Ruby Packer. We also cover the future of Traveling Ruby as a project.

The talk will be given by Hongli Lai, creator of Passenger application server.

There is so much to learn. RSVP NOW! https://www.meetup.com/Nairuby/events/czfgcsyccgblb

Best Regards
Bernard Banta
Nairuby.org