Online meetup 11 UTC+3, Saturday 3 December

Benson Muite

Dec 3, 2022, 1:29:35 AM12/3/22
to nairo...@googlegroups.com
Online meetup today, earlier than usual, sorry for the late notice. We
will use Mumble. Server link to be sent just before we start. Open
source mobile and desktop clients available here:
https://www.mumble.info/

Benson Muite

Dec 3, 2022, 5:13:43 AM12/3/22
to nairo...@googlegroups.com
Attendees:
Benson
Munyiri

Interest in:
a) language projects.
b) self hosted lug services:
i) git hosting
ii) email
iii) K8s
iv) shared sysadmin work
c) Static site generated in Guile

Action item:
a) Benson to setup Mumble
b) Waiting for Bonface to get domain name, would like to point it at
Mumble instance

Next meeting in January, but can continue discussion through chat/email.

Munyoki Kilyungi

Dec 6, 2022, 3:13:34 AM12/6/22
to Benson Muite, nairo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Benson! Saw this a bit too late.

Benson Muite <benson...@emailplus.org>
aliandika:

> Attendees:
> Benson
> Munyiri

> Interest in:
> a) language projects.
> b) self hosted lug services:
> i) git hosting
> ii) email
> iii) K8s
> iv) shared sysadmin work
> c) Static site generated in Guile
>
> Action item:
> a) Benson to setup Mumble
> b) Waiting for Bonface to get domain name, would like to point it at
> Mumble instance

For this, I'm yet to call Eebra. I'll try to do
so during the course of the week and revert on IRC
or here.

> Next meeting in January, but can continue discussion through chat/email.

It would be nice to set the date in advance.
First Saturday of January? That'll be on a 7th.
Also, it would be nice if it was a physical
meet-up - I miss those.

--
(Life is like a pencil that will surely run out,
but will leave the beautiful writing of life.)

Benson Muite

Dec 6, 2022, 3:32:14 AM12/6/22
to Munyoki Kilyungi, nairo...@googlegroups.com
On 12/6/22 11:13, Munyoki Kilyungi wrote:
>> Interest in:
>> a) language projects.
>> b) self hosted lug services:
>> i) git hosting
>> ii) email
>> iii) K8s
>> iv) shared sysadmin work
>> c) Static site generated in Guile
>>
>> Action item:
>> a) Benson to setup Mumble
Done
>> b) Waiting for Bonface to get domain name, would like to point it at
>> Mumble instance
It is possible to bridge IRC and Mumble, see for example:
https://github.com/whitekiba/irc-jabber-mumble-bridge

> For this, I'm yet to call Eebra. I'll try to do
> so during the course of the week and revert on IRC
> or here.
>
>> Next meeting in January, but can continue discussion through chat/email.
>>

> It would be nice to set the date in advance.
> First Saturday of January? That'll be on a 7th.
> Also, it would be nice if it was a physical
> meet-up - I miss those.

January 7 is ok. Maybe hybrid? Presentation for upto an hour. Then
informal discussion after that. Possible topics (other suggestions welcome):
a) Use a Guile static site generator, or create one.
Can start on this before then.
b) Guile or Scratch for introductory programming
c) Internationalization
d) Open source machine learning
What time? Perhaps 11:00am?