RE: RS232 Cable for Connecting SIM800L GSM/GPRS & MAX 3232 RS232 UART TTL to Computer (In Pictures)

18 views
Skip to first unread message

Kiptoo Kibowen

unread,
Jan 16, 2024, 9:36:08 PMJan 16
to Nairobi GNU/Linux User Group
Jambo,

For those searching for RS232 cables for connecting SIM800L GSM/GPRS & MAX 3232 RS232 UART TTL to computer - serial cables are hard to find, but if you can get the connectors:

a) MAX3232 UART TTL -> Male Connector (RS232 9 PIN)
b) Computer RS232 or USB to serial - Female Connector (RS232 9 PIN)

Configuration and testing done over a cup of coffee and Slackware Linux 15 :)

Cheers and Enjoy!

Regards,

Ibrahim Kiptoo Kibowen



RS232 Cable for SIM800L and MAX 3232R UART TTL RS232 - 2.jpg
RS232 Cable for SIM800L and MAX 3232R UART TTL RS232 - 1.jpg
RS232 Cable for SIM800L and MAX 3232R UART TTL RS232 - 5.jpg
RS232 Cable for SIM800L and MAX 3232R UART TTL RS232 - 3.jpg
RS232 Cable for SIM800L and MAX 3232R UART TTL RS232 - 4.jpg

Benson Muite

unread,
Jan 17, 2024, 1:59:57 AMJan 17
to nairo...@googlegroups.com
On 17/01/2024 05.36, Kiptoo Kibowen wrote:
> Jambo,
>
> a) MAX3232 UART TTL -> Male Connector (RS232 9 PIN)
> b) Computer RS232 or USB to serial - Female Connector (RS232 9 PIN)
>
Kazi muhimu ni kulehemia vizuri!
> Configuration and testing done over a cup of coffee and Slackware Linux
> 15 :)
>
Lini?
> Cheers and Enjoy!
>

Kiptoo Kibowen

unread,
Jan 17, 2024, 2:33:15 AMJan 17
to Nairobi GNU/Linux User Group
Jambo,

i) Pictures worth many words - engrish/swahili -> composizition/insha (boring)
ii) Having fun with Linux :) - Long live open source!
iii) For fun, rather than profit
iv) LAN party?
       > configuring servers
       > coding
       > .... /etc.
       > playing computer games & video games
       > eating
       > ... /etc
 
Cheers and Enjoy!

Benson Muite

unread,
Jan 17, 2024, 4:09:42 AMJan 17
to nairo...@googlegroups.com

> ii) Having fun with Linux :) - Long live open source!
Linux! Uhuru si bure! Lakini uhuru inafurahi!
> iii) For fun, rather than profit
> iv) LAN party?
>        > configuring servers
>        > coding
>        > .... /etc.
>        > playing computer games & video games
>        > eating
>        > ... /etc
>  
:)
> Cheers and Enjoy!
>
>

Munyoki Kilyungi

unread,
Jan 22, 2024, 3:53:02 PMJan 22
to Kiptoo Kibowen, Nairobi GNU/Linux User Group
Kiptoo Kibowen <tkib...@gmail.com> aliandika:

> Jambo,
>
> i) Pictures worth many words - engrish/swahili -> composizition/insha
> (boring)
> ii) Having fun with Linux :) - Long live open source!
> iii) For fun, rather than profit
> iv) LAN party?
> > configuring servers
> > coding
> > .... /etc.
> > playing computer games & video games
> > eating
> > ... /etc
>
We really should organise and set a date for this.
I tried last year, but clearly, not hard enough ;)

Perhaps Feb? I want to hear about your hardware
hacking \m/\m/.

[...]


--
(Life is like a pencil that will surely run out,
but will leave the beautiful writing of life.)
(D4F09EB110177E03C28E2FE1F5BBAE1E0392253F
(hkp://keys.openpgp.org))
signature.asc
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages