Re: Talk @ ILUGC's July 2022 Meetup

Munyoki Kilyungi

Jul 14, 2022, 6:43:43 AM7/14/22
to Raghav Gururajan, Nairobi GNU/Linux Users Group
Raghav Gururajan <r...@raghavgururajan.name>
anaandika:

> Hello Guix!

Hi Raghav. I'm taking this off-list #guix to
prevent yak-shaving ;)

> Indian Linux Users Group - Chennai (ILUGC) is a community started in
> 90s. They host monthly meetings on second Saturday of every month.

On this side of the world, we also have: Nairobi
Linux User's group which meets IIRC on the 2nd
Saturday of every month (we just began last
weekend.)

Also, do you guys have a mailing list? Or an IRC
chatroom?

> This month, today (July 9th), at 15:00 IST (09:30 UTC); I am giving a
> talk on Guix.
>
> INFO LINK: https://ilugc.in/ilugc-meet-july-2022/
>
> MEETUP LINK: https://meet.jit.si/ILUGCMeet09072022
>
> Feel free to join if you are available. Apologies for the late e-mail,
> as this was planned so recently.

Would you mind if we had a joint thing---if
meet-ups are virtual---these coming next months?
If that's feasible we could co-ordinate over on
mail/IRC.

PS: Comments from @NaiLug members welcome \m/\m/

--
(Life is like a pencil that will surely run out,
but will leave the beautiful writing of life.)

Munyoki Kilyungi

Jul 20, 2022, 5:56:08 AM7/20/22
to Raghav Gururajan, Nairobi GNU/Linux Users Group
Raghav Gururajan <r...@raghavgururajan.name>
anaandika:

> Bonface,
>
> Hey, glad to hear from you.
>
>> On this side of the world, we also have: Nairobi
>> Linux User's group which meets IIRC on the 2nd
>> Saturday of every month (we just began last
>> weekend.)
>
> Nice!
>
>> Also, do you guys have a mailing list? Or an IRC
>> chatroom?
>
> ILUGC's IRC room is #ilugc at irc.libera.chat.

Thanks! I'll be lurking around when I can ;)

>> Would you mind if we had a joint thing---if
>> meet-ups are virtual---these coming next months?
>> If that's feasible we could co-ordinate over on
>> mail/IRC.
>
> I recently came to know about ILUGC and was invited to give a talk in
> Guix. IIUC, Mohan (mohan43u) is the organizer. I'll ask them and get
> back to you.

Sure. You could also add him to this thread. I
think it's also a good idea to have guys from this
space chime in if they want to...
signature.asc