Domain hosting for nairobilug.or.ke

Munyoki Kilyungi

Oct 6, 2023, 5:00:22 AM10/6/23
to nairo...@googlegroups.com, Benson Muite, eeb...@gmail.com, Alan Orth, raymond....@gmail.com, ja...@rogena.me
Hi guys! I'd like to bring up a recurring issue
that we've been facing over the years:

╭─munyoki@saitama ~
╰─➤ curl https://nairobilug.or.ke

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: nairobilug.or.ke

Understanding that everyone has busy schedules,
I'm wondering, at least for now, if either Benson
or I could take over responsibility for domain
hosting. Alternatively, if this isn't feasible,
we might consider getting a new domain name
altogether. WDYT? I volunteer to buy the domain
FWIW.

--
(Life is like a pencil that will surely run out,
but will leave the beautiful writing of life.)

Benson Muite

Nov 13, 2023, 5:31:54 AM11/13/23
to Munyoki Kilyungi, nairo...@googlegroups.com, eeb...@gmail.com, Alan Orth, raymond....@gmail.com, ja...@rogena.me
On 10/6/23 12:00, Munyoki Kilyungi wrote:
> Hi guys! I'd like to bring up a recurring issue
> that we've been facing over the years:

> ╭─munyoki@saitama ~
> ╰─➤ curl https://nairobilug.or.ke
>
> curl: (6) Could not resolve host: nairobilug.or.ke
>
> Understanding that everyone has busy schedules,
> I'm wondering, at least for now, if either Benson
> or I could take over responsibility for domain
> hosting. Alternatively, if this isn't feasible,
> we might consider getting a new domain name
> altogether. WDYT? I volunteer to buy the domain
> FWIW.

Have registered lug.or.ke propose moving to nairobi.lug.or.ke - this
would allow any other lugs in Kenya are welcome to use subdomains

Benson Muite

Nov 15, 2023, 6:02:24 AM11/15/23
to Munyoki Kilyungi, nairo...@googlegroups.com, eeb...@gmail.com, Alan Orth, raymond....@gmail.com, ja...@rogena.me
Contents can be found at nairobi.lug.or.ke
May want to automate deployment and update GitHub

Munyoki Kilyungi

Nov 15, 2023, 12:39:46 PM11/15/23
to Benson Muite, nairo...@googlegroups.com, eeb...@gmail.com, Alan Orth, raymond....@gmail.com, ja...@rogena.me
Benson Muite <benson...@emailplus.org>
aliandika:
We'd need to update this file:

https://github.com/nairobilug/nairobilug.or.ke/blob/fadd43a0e68ee213d5d202fe4726043134ecad0c/.github/workflows/updatewebsite.yml

Build the static website within the actions and
push the build pages. If we'd want to get away
from Github ops, we could set-up laminar, and set
up a webhook and have laminar do the building for
us. That sounds overly engineered though. Just
my 2¢s.

> --
signature.asc