The Opening: Nairaland Game Development Group on Google

Worldbest

Feb 11, 2011, 5:09:01 PM2/11/11
to Nairaland Game Development Team
Hello everyone,

I officially open this new group for our project. I created this
group for us to be able to communicate effectively. We will not miss
messages sent by other members and we do not have to worry about
Nairaland's Spambot. I want us to give our all to this project. Lets
all imagine how great this dream of ours will be when it actually
materializes. Imagine the kind of Nigerian themed games we will be
creating in the future. I am sure we all want to be part of something
new and great. I personally have decided to suspend web development
for this project and i am constantly reading lots of resources(text
and videos) all for this project. Lets bring this project really close
to our hearts.

There is no need for any of us to feel we do not have the
required skills yet. The game engine we have selected (suggested by
gameaddict) is extremely simple and only requires javascript to do the
coding parts, other than that, its just plain drag and drop.

To get started, please download the game engine at http://www.unity3d.com

I will also be posting resources too. Please if you have a good
learning resource, please post it for all to see.

Cheers
Worldbest.