Help Wanted

Brian Mogaka

Nov 22, 2017, 7:47:47 AM11/22/17
to Nairobi Python Users Group
I'm looking for someone to help me with a School Project, need some help with getting some python syntax corrected.I am not a python developer or developer in any sense. This seems to be something that would take a couple of minutes if you have an idea of what needs to be done. Any help will be appreciated, and yes there will a small token of gratitude in cash, emphasis on small

Paul Gathogo

Nov 22, 2017, 8:20:15 AM11/22/17
to nai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brain,

What is it you want help with?

Regards,

Paul

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Brian Mogaka <oba...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm looking for someone to help me with a School Project, need some help with getting some python syntax corrected.I am not a python developer or developer in any sense. This seems to be something that would take a couple of minutes if you have an idea of what needs to be done. Any help will be appreciated, and yes there will a small token of gratitude in cash, emphasis on small

Age of reason.

Paul Gathogo

Nov 22, 2017, 8:21:27 AM11/22/17
to nai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

Have you tried googling?

Regards,

Paul
--
Age of reason.

Brian Mogaka

Nov 22, 2017, 8:23:25 AM11/22/17
to nai...@googlegroups.com

Wanted to see if you could help me out with some code. I’m mentoring some Kid in campus and he has a project that he is working on. He wanted to see if he could use a RFID/NFC card reader and card to be used as an attendance system.

We have worked out the modalities on how it would work, gotten a Raspberry PI III, and the card reader and cards, we are stuck in how to get the code to work.

Came across some code online (read_publish.py), seems to be working as far as the reading of the card but this is pushing into a nyamuk client to be broadcast, i.e. we can see what the results are on a java applet on the screen.  We want to be able to write the values into a DB. We found another piece of code that can allows us to write into the DB (mysql_1.py).

Just wondering if there is anyway you can get the code that is reading the card details to write into a DB instead of broadcasting it into the nyamuk client

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Nairobi Python Users Group" group.

Wisdom is knowing what to do, virtue is doing it
mysql_1.py
old_read_publish.py