Group blawg

James Nzomo

Dec 20, 2015, 10:58:23 PM12/20/15
to nai...@googlegroups.com
Fellas,

In an effort to resurrect the group blog, I re-registered blog.pynbo.or.ke in the hopes that we can share some of our pythonic adventure stories, much like some of us do with NairobiLUG.

To help jump start this new group effort, please feel free to recycle/cros-post any "good/decent" python article from your own blogs.

The blog is pelican powered with articles written in markdown.
The sources live here:- https://github.com/Python-Nairobi/pynbo-blog.
The README has a guide on how to contribute.

Free beer to the first three article-author pull requests :)

Don't hesitate to go to town on it.

Cheers!

---
DevOps Dude: kili.io

Tweets - @mrmoje
Blawg roll

Simon Cross

Dec 22, 2015, 10:11:57 AM12/22/15
to nai...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Have you considered running a PyCon in Nairobi? You could follow the
Python Namibia route and run a workshop in 2016 to build interest and
get experience with the logistics and then a full PyConKE in 2017?

Schiavo
Simon

James Nzomo

Dec 22, 2015, 1:16:11 PM12/22/15
to nai...@googlegroups.com
Simon,

Your idea is good, and it has been considered before, but before we proceed with that convo,
I suggest starting a new PyCon thread lest this one strays off-topic.

Just to bring the thread back on track, an article on a Nairobi-PyCon road-map (featuring Namibia case study)
will be invaluable to the group blog.

Please feel free to contribute.

---
DevOps Dude: kili.io

Tweets - @mrmoje
Blawg roll

Simon

Allan Oware

Feb 19, 2016, 3:02:32 AM2/19/16
to nai...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
The blog at blog.pynbo.or.ke has some nice articles, but there's no feature to add a comment.
Might be great to have an exchange with the authors on the articles written.

Regards,
--

Allan Oware

James Nzomo

Feb 20, 2016, 10:23:33 AM2/20/16
to nai...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Allan. disqus powered comments coming soon!