Enyi n' aga na anyị so gị n’ azụ. The tortoise climbed on the back of the elephant

1 view

Abraham Madu

Jul 25, 2024, 10:55:13 AM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to Adeniran Adeboye, Google Inc., Naija Observer, Chuhwuemeka Okala, Nebukadineze Adiele, Wharf Snake, Ola Kassim, Tajudeen Raji, DIPO ENIOLA, Imperial Merchant Trust Ltd, Philip Achusim, Vin Modebelu, Jerome Niang Yakubu S.E P.E, Ishola Williams, Afis Deinde, Kayode Adebayo, Topcrest Topcrest, JEROME NIANG YAKUBU, Femi Olajide, Chukwuma Agwunobi, Joe Igbokwe, ALUKO Mobolaji, Johnson Anyadike, Wilson Iguade, naijain...@googlegrouproups.com, Naijaintelectual, Nigerianobserver, Abraham Madu, Vincent Modebelu, Nigerian Patriots Forum, Chris Udoh, Ishola Williams, Naijaintellects, Ugo Harris Ukandu, Fubara David-West, N. H. Ibanga, Ayo Ojutalayo, Cc: Zik Project, Stevek, imperi...@yahoo.com, Nebukadineze Adiele' via NaijaEvent, OSAMEDE EDOSOMWAN, Daniel Akusobi, Corporate Nigeria via, Vin Modebelu, Naija Talks, Abiodun KOMOLAFE, Oluwatoyin Vincent Adepoju, Alukoro Agbaye, Vin Modebelu, GEORGE Kerley, niger...@yahoo.com, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, Ola Kassim, Dan Obi, BUSKA OLADOSU, Abujanig, M.D.' via LOWER NIGER CONGRESS Okenwa R. Nwosu, Maigoro A. Jos, Dike Okey, aku...@icloud.com, Aginam O., Ola Kassim, Chuckwuma S. Agwunobi, Stephen Uche, yahoogroups, Wale Adedayo, Leye Ige, yahoogroups, A. Gml, nkoyo...@yahoo.com, Abraham Madu, adead...@yahoo.com, Akinyemi Onigbinde, Google, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, nigerianw...@yahoogroups.com, yahoogroups, Kayo Ogunbunmi, Ishola Williams, joano...@gmail.com, John Ebohon, Michael Adeniyi, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, Vin Otuonye, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, Toyin Adepoju, Naija World Forum, Joseph Onuorah, Tony Eluemunor, DR OZOJI OSUJI, PhD. OZODIOBI OSUJI, Ozodi Osuji, Ozodi Osuji, Nebu Adiele, Nebukadineze, Cyril Anyanwu, Collins Ezebuihe, Wale Adedayo, IKECHI NNAJI, Rotimi Ogunsuyi, Tim Elombah (Diaspora Digital Media), Paul Oranika, Ozodi Osuji, QS QS, yahoogroups, BI KENOBI, 247ureports, Ob Mona, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, Basics Igbo, akelic...@gmail.com, Social Justice Equity, aabdul...@yahoo.co.uk, ABA SAHEED, Abdkabir, Abdulaheed Usamah, abos...@yahoo.com, ab...@hotfm.ng, abuj...@gmail.com, aburi...@yahoo.com, adeba...@gmail.com, adenibaa...@yahoo.com.au, Adeniyi Adunola, Adewaleajayi2001, adewole...@yahoo.com, Africa Today, agbeniy...@yahoo.com, ahamefu...@thisdaylive.com, aidog...@yahoo.com
Inline image

In a world where all mankind is kind, there would never be a war, HO! HA! Be kind to one another don’t be nice!

Ballpoint pen drawing

Behind the Gw Gw Gw Ngw challenge By

Gentleman MIKE EJEAGHARIBE

In the Animal kingdom, the king's daughter refuses to marry the suitors that came for her hand in marriage, she had a big fantasy of riding across the village on an elephant. So she said that any suitor that brings a life elephant to her will have her as a wife, so the king announces to all the animals in the kingdom and all of them were so discouraged about it but the tortoise went to the king and said "I will marry your daughter, I will bring a life elephant and have her as my wife.

I came before to marry her but you people chased me away but this time, I will marry her, so he also proceeded to the elephant house because the tortoise and the elephant were good friends, so he went to the elephant house and said  "The king of my village will be having an FALLA in the next two days and he said that you will be the chief of the occasion.

An FALLA is the biggest festival in Igbo land, so if any traditional ruler should invite you, you are highly honoured. So the elephant was so delighted and enthusiastic to be there already, tortoise told the elephant "The king instructed me to come and pick you in the next two days so ready.

The day arrived and the tortoise didn't make it early to the elephant so the elephant was bit pissed off like you said I'll be the chief of the occasion but you came late to pick me " the sun is already setting down, so the tortoise told elephant don't worry we will get there on time. Tortoise was walking slowly the elephant was not comfortable with that he said, please can you hurry up let's get there on time.

Then the tortoise requested please can I climb on your back so that you can carry me along, so I will get there on time. The elephant agreed so when the tortoise climbed on the back of the elephant he requested again, Please can I tie this rope in my hand around your neck so that I can be stable on your back " the elephant agreed too, so they started the journey on getting to the palace the tortoise started singing.

"Nnam Eze akpta m Enyi" (My king I have brought the elephant)

So the elephant replied " Nwa mbe s n' ikpta onye? ( Who are you taking to the king? ) What are you trying to say, the tortoise replied

As m an ya Dube enyi chebe enyi" Enyi n' aga na any so g n’ az.

I told the land to guard you,  Mr. elephant proceed we are strongly behind you. That means you miss understood me. I was simply telling the land to guide your feet and keep you safe. Mr. elephant proceed we are strongly behind your back, you are going to be the chief of the occasion. So the elephant was deceived"  he agreed and they got to the palace, the tortoise handed over the rope that was tied around the elephant to the king and the significance of the rope tied around the elephant means that the tortoise has the ownership and dominance over the elephant.

Now in IGBO LAND if you are presenting any life animal to someone there must be a rope around the animals neck, to show true ownership of the animal and dominance too.

So that was how the tortoise deceived his friend elephant, and by the time the elephant noticed what was going on it was too late because the kingdom had already captured the elephant so the king handed over the daughter to the tortoise and the elephant became the beast of Burden, they were riding on the elephant across the village.

END OF THE STORY

So in this story, Mike Ejeagharibe was trying to derive moral lesson which means "Be careful of the friends you go places with because some of them cannot be trusted.

Thanks for reading!

Akk na Egwu.

Ihe eji mara Nd Igbo b k akk na t ilu.

Mbedig ka ama ama d ka onye aghgh.

Akk ifo Mbedig n , chere nt ka n etu O si ghgbuo nd z.

Mgbe bla mmad ibe g gwara g ba duga m ozi, ja ya ebe Ọ chọrọ ka Ị duga ya.

Tupu ihe onye ọzọ aghọ ihe onye ọzọ.

Mbediọgụ gwara Enyi na Ọ ga eduga ya ije; were ụdọ manye Enyi n’olu.

Ha batara n’Obi Eze-na Ọzọ, were ụdọ ahụ nye Nze  na Ọzọ.

Ụka akara aka eji isi ekwe ya.

Mbe emezuela dị ka Nze  na Ọzọ si kwuo.

Case close/okwu agwụ.

Etua ka Enyi si bụrụ onye ekere agbụ rukwa echi.

Ụwa bụ Agwọ loro ibe ya Ọ gba!

Onye ọbụna kpachapụrụ onwe ya anya.

Ọtụtụ ihe nmụta juru na akụkọ ifo a, ga azọ ndụ ndị mmadụ ma Ị ghọta ozi eji ya  na ezi gị.

Ya kpọtụba!

Ya gazie.

Ụmụ nne Abrahamụọgụ Aṅụsịobi Madụ.

His full name is Mike Ejeagharibe, shortened as Mike Ejeagha. He is a renowned Igbo folklore musician with over 37 Albums and five singles to his credit. His 1960 song “Ofu nwa anaa” shot him to prominence. Ejeagha is a native of Imezi-wa in Ezeag LGA of Enugu state. Mike Ejeagha brought glory to Ndigbo and kept the ancient ways of our ancestors alive through his folklore music. In Igbo land, due to his trademark of telling long stories in his music, you would be told “Akụkọ Mike Ejeagha” to a long story. His trending song, "Gwo Gw Gw Ngw", an excerpt from the original song, Ka Esi Lee Onyeisi Oche, was released 40 years ago. On April 4, 2024, he clocked 94 years. Let's Retweet to celebrate Mike Ejeagha.♥️