CallbackLookupError in form button action

Terrence Brannon

May 13, 2015, 3:29:15 PM5/13/15
to nagare...@googlegroups.com
When I click on the Update button in my webapp:

I get the exception CallbackLookupError.

The Update button is rendered in the 'edit' presentation model of a
BodyTextEditor, which as you can see is explictly set as the model of
the BodyTextEditor instances

I dont know why there would be a callback lookup error, because
`commit_formdata` is defined:

Terrence Brannon

May 14, 2015, 2:03:35 PM5/14/15
to nagare...@googlegroups.com
I'm pinging this topic - it is still an issue.

Alain Poirier

May 14, 2015, 3:05:57 PM5/14/15
to nagare...@googlegroups.com
Line #372, ‘BodyTextEditor’ components are created as local objects of the 'render'
function:

c = component.Component(BodyTextEditor(r), model='edit')

So, at the end of the function execution, Python will normally discard them with
their callbacks.

You must keep a reference on the components, for example in their parent.