When is the callback on a textarea triggered?

Terrence Brannon

May 13, 2015, 2:14:32 PM5/13/15
to nagare...@googlegroups.com
After reading [Callbacks and Forms docs](http://www.nagare.org/trac/wiki/CallbacksAndForms) I still have a question. It is obvious when the action on an anchor or button is triggered: it is triggered when you click on it.

But what about a textarea or an input(type='text')? Is it triggered on each keypress? When you TAB out of the form? When submit is pressed for the whole form?

Sylvain Prat

May 13, 2015, 2:24:20 PM5/13/15
to nagare...@googlegroups.com
The action is triggered when the server receives a request from the client browser: for anchors, it's when the anchor is clicked, for form elements, it's when the containing form is submitted. But if you need to update the view when a form element changes, you can register onchange/onkeypress/... callbacks for example.

Sylvain

After reading [Callbacks and Forms docs](http://www.nagare.org/trac/wiki/CallbacksAndForms) I still have a question. It is obvious when the action on an anchor or button is triggered: it is triggered when you click on it.

But what about a textarea or an input(type='text')? Is it triggered on each keypress? When you TAB out of the form? When submit is pressed for the whole form?

Sylvain PRAT
+33 06 78 71 51 21