Crack Vectorworks

Toccara Delacerda

Jun 29, 2024, 7:51:14 AM (yesterday) Jun 29
to naewhimazor

I just updated to 2024 v4 and now the software keeps crashing when I try to open a file. I have restarted the computer several times even powering it off completly and letting it sit for a minute and still crashes when I open a file. I was hoping this update would fix the issue with the settings box not resizing in the object info pallet, but this has made the software 100% unusable. Is there a way to revert back to the previous version?

I have sent an email for help. Nothing seems to be working I was able to get it to finally open a new drawing, but it is glacially slow compared to before the update. Also according to the Windows task manager the Vectorworks program is using almost 4.1GB of Memory which seems like a lot. I will update the post once I know more. Thinking of uninstalling the program and reinstalling it, but I am waiting for support to reach out first. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Hi Pete. Just a fui, that didnt work, thankfully I had a full VW24 sp2 install which i reinstalled and then updated back to 3.1 which is working fine. I'll just wait until I see news of sp4 being fixed or sp 5 coming out.

It's not regional, it's the update itself. Since the update my VW crashes also, and when it doesn't, it is so slow you would think it's frozen. After finally opening a file that worked the day before (which took about 40 minutes) I finally gave up since I couldn't navigate the file at all. I have the latest Studio Driver from nVidia installed, I will try and install the Gaming one since it's newer, and if that doesn't work I will delete the AIvisualizer as someone suggested, and if that doesn't work I will install the previous update.

I'm having the same issues and not in NZ...update 4 crashes before it's even opened properly, and running Repair hasn't helped. Trying downloading the updater again now, but it wasn't finding a 4a, just saying I'm up to date...

Thanks for this tip, it does seem to have at least worked enough to get the program open without crashing...! I can't get U4a, wouldn't re-download update saying not enough space and also unknown error.

Hi @MacIntyr I'm sorry you're having these problems. Your current situation sounds very unusual. I think the best thing rather than out here in the forum is to go to the Customer Portal and click the support link at the top and fill out a Support Request Form. That way it'll be in the system with more eyes on it than possibly here.

Hello @gangotti,

Please contact your local technical support through your customers portal.

customers.vectorworks.net

In the mean time I have seen some issues with Nvidia graphic card drivers that would cause this. See if you are using an Nvidia graphics card and update your graphics drivers. It might fix the issue straight away.

Hello again @gangotti try one thing for me, remove the GenerateImage.vlb file from the Vectorworks Plugins folder. We saw a problem with the AI Visualizer yesterday but only sometimes on Windows 10. Curious if that is a factor at all.

@JuanP nothing - I double click and get the busy cursor for a couple of seconds and thats it. I've rebooted and also done a clean install of VW from the customer portal after doing the update from the updater. This is happening on my office and home PC's where 3.1 was working perfectly.

@Ross Harris From your signature, I will assume you are running Windows 11. Close Vectorworks, go to the program files, look for the Vectorworks 2024 folder, double-click on the Vectorworks 2024 Updater, and click Advanced Options and Repair. After finishing this process, try relaunching Vectorworks. I hope that helps.

Ross has already renamed his Vectorworks user folder which was the next thing I was going to recommend. I have now suggested that he run the uninstaller from the Vectorworks folder and reinstall using the full installer which you can get from the Customer Portal. I have also asked him the send his DxDiag file in case I can spot whether or not his NVIDEA GPU driver needs updating. This is highly unusual for this to happen of course.

I recently upgraded a few parts of my computer (CPU, motherboard and SSD) and did a fresh install of Windows 10. I have installed Vectorworks 2018 SP6 back onto my computer and can't get it to work. When I open Vectorworks, the program loads as usual (e.g. initialises plugins, displays serial number), displays the workspace for 5 seconds and then abruptly crashes (with no warning/error message). I have made sure all my graphics and other drivers are up to date.

After lots of troubleshooting I have discovered that if I disconnect the internet Vectorworks runs perfectly fine (absolutely no crashing). When connected, it crashes immediately after startup. Is vectorworks trying to connect to an online library/server? I don't have any anti-virus software installed on the computer which would potentially block it. I have also made sure windows firewall allows Vectorworks.

Unfortunately I didn't find a solution to get vectorworks 2018 working. I had to buy the latest version of vectorworks. Very frustrating the limited support for a version that was only a few years old.

@Cwhite did you find a solution to this... just upgraded to a new PC, yes its Win11 but VW2018 runs, and as you say if disconnected form the internet no crashing... the problem is seems to be as the software trys to connect and verify the license??? Any help appreciated?

I'm having the same issue. I was told by VW tech support that VW 2018 doesn't run on Windows 11. We know that's not true because when we turn off the internet connection it runs just fine. The reason it won't run with the internet is because Vectorworks has decided not to support it any longer. They want you to buy more. They should stand by the product they sold just 5 years ago for a lot of money to sole practioners trying to make a living. Nemetschek you are acting disgraceful and greedy.

I haven't logged incoming and outgoing port activity when Vectorworks 2018 closes down, but assume that the problem is part and parcel of the monitoring that Vectorworks and their distributors are able to do, rather than the activation process.

I know that as part of this monitoring, distributors have a log and are able to see where a license is being used, what the device name is and for how long the user has been active... I have always thought that this was a little over the top and wondered how many countries would have privacy laws that would disallow this behaviour!?!

In my 2023 version of Vectorworks. There is a save drop down but it only shows the Save View and Edit View options, Below that there is a long black block with no writing. Just a black void. Is something wrong with the software or my 2023 Macbook Pro?

Why can't we cut and paste screenshots in this forum? It would be a lot easier and more visually descriptive! It won't even let me insert image from URL: -help.vectorworks.net/2022/eng/VW2022_Guide/Textures/Decal_ex.png an image of a blue recycling container.

The Saved View that the presenter selected was a Saved View specific to his file, unless you are using the same file (it may have been supplied as part of a tutorial), you won't see the same options. You're likely seeing a void there because your drawing doesn't currently contain any Saved Views. What that Saved View did for the presenter was position the view to look at the surface he was using for the example, there's nothing the Saved View did required to set the decal texture.

The video is out of date since they revamped textures in VW2022, but the process is largely the same as shown in the video. The one exception is that they removed the Add Decal button from the Render tab of the Object Info Palette and moved it to a right-click context menu. Select the component in the OIP you want to add a decal to and right-click it. Then select Add Decal from the right-click menu. The process should match the video from that point forward other than you can now build a face override using the Texture Tool rather than using Extract Face to build a new object.

And you can totally paste screenshots into the forum. Just get the screenshot onto you clipboard by whatever means you want (I'm on Windows so I use Windows Key+Shift+S and drag a box), then paste it using Ctrl+V / Command+V into your post.

The Texture drop-down menu currently lists By Class. This means that it is trying to pull the Class Texture (set by opening the Organization window, editing the class, and specifying a texture within the Texture tab). Right now, the class your Extrude is in has no texture assigned, hence None being listed. Click on the drop-down and select Texture, this should add a texture picker to allow you to select a texture. See my screenshot above for an example.

Thanks Jesse. On the Decal Textures video about decals at -help.vectorworks.net/2022/eng/VW2022_Guide/Textures/Creating_decal_textures.htm#h it says to proceed to step 8. There are only 7 steps shown. Where is the step 8?

In step 7. When I click OK where is the decal texture created? I don't see the decal? What do I do to apply it to the selected surface? When I click the surface nothing happens. What does it mean: Decal textures are nested on the Texture browser under the object or face to which they are applied.

In your top screenshot, you'll see a "carrot" next to the texture "Asphalt Small RT". Click on the carrot to expand the texture part, which should reveal the decal. Something to consider is that decals can be very difficult to control when applied to the "Overall" texture part, so I recommend creating a Texture Override using the Texture Tool. Select the texture of the overall object (Asphalt Small RT in your example) and click on the face you want the decal to land on. This will add a "Face Override" in the texture tree in the Object Info Palette. Then select the Decal in the texture tree and use the Attribute Mapping Tool to position the decal.

b1e95dc632