Interspeech 2015: Special Session CfP "Advanced Crowdsourcing for Speech and Beyond"

Tim

Jan 8, 2015, 11:01:21 AM1/8/15
to naacl-m...@googlegroups.com
Call for Papers

Please apologize any cross-posting.

Dear Participants of the NAACL 2010 WS Creating Speech and Language Data With Amazon’s Mechanical Turk,

please allow me to draw your attention to our special session on Advanced Crowdsourcing for Speech Data and Beyond to be held at upcoming INTERSPEECH, Dresden, Germany. INTERSPEECH is the world’s largest and most comprehensive conference on the science and technology of spoken language processing. Following up on previous sessions, this year we focus on the following:

· Data collection, evaluation, realistic speech capture in the field

· Crowd-empowered speech/ or speaker recognition

· Linguistic or paralinguistic processing of social signals or speech gestures

· Novel application paradigms, e.g. mobile crowdsourcing, multi-party crowdsourcing collaboration

· Expert knowledge inclusion, advanced quality control, motivation steering

· Position papers and ethical-, privacy or security-related contributions

To support active research and knowledge exchange on these topics, we have secured funds from three crowdsourcing providers, namely MicroWorkers (Dallas, USA), CrowdFlower (San Francisco, USA), and Crowdee (Berlin, Germany), each of which providing funds up to $1000, depending on originality of your paper proposal. Deadline for funding applications is Jan 31! Deadline for paper submissions is March 20.

For more information visit http://interspeech2015.org/events/special-sessions/advanced-crowdsourcing-for-speech-and-beyond/
Please feel free to direct any questions regarding the special session also to me directly.

Finally, many thanks for also forwarding this CfP to potentially interested colleagues!

All the best from Berlin,

Tim Polzehl

Dr. Tim Polzehl
Quality and Usability Lab