Important NAACL Survey on Name Change

Luciana Benotti

Apr 4, 2024, 10:25:00 AMApr 4
to naacl-lat...@googlegroups.com, khipu-mai...@googlegroups.com
Dear NLP researchers and students,

NAACL currently stands for the "North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics". However, in recent years we have seen increasing participation of NLP researchers from throughout the Americas, including Central and South America. To acknowledge, encourage, and increase this participation, the NAACL board is considering a name change to the organization, with some candidates for the change below (with the other option being keeping the name the same):

* The Pan-American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (PAACL)
* The Pan-American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (PANAACL)
* The Nations of the Americas Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL)

In order to gauge the community's opinions about this change, we have prepared a survey and would love your feedback: https://forms.gle/r8SWiu8goG79kwFH8

In particular, we encourage participation from outside Canada and the US in the survey.

This survey is anonymous, but if you would like to provide your name and email address to the NAACL board to allow us to follow up with any questions or additional discussion, you are welcome to do so. We will not share the identity of any of the commenters, but we might share anonymized comments.

The NAACL Executive Board