[CFP] - LatinX in NLP workshop @ NAACL 2024

Vladimir Araujo

Mar 2, 2024, 10:18:57 AMMar 2
to NAACL-Latin-America
LatinX in NLP workshop @ NAACL 2024
Mexico City, Mexico, June 16th, 2024

Event website: https://www.latinxinai.org/naacl-2024
Submission link: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/LXNLPNAACL2024
Submission deadline: March 29, 2024

Objectives

This affinity workshop is aimed at LatinX individuals working on or interested in Computational Linguistics with a goal to increase the visibility of researchers of LatinX origin in the field. Participants will be able to engage in discussions about Computational Linguistics (formal and informal) and to share their thoughts on how to increase the presence of LatinX in Computational Linguistics.

Submission guidelines

We welcome extended abstracts that may introduce new theories, methodologies, or applications of NLP. Work may be previously published, completed, or ongoing. Submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 2 reviewers in the area.

Specifically, we allow two types of submissions:
Archival: Must be blind for the double-blind review process. Accepted works will be published in the Journal of LatinX in AI Research as proceedings.
Non-archival: May be submitted to any venue in the future. Previously published work can also be submitted as non-archival, with the additional requirement to state in the first page the original publication source.

Topics
Specific topics include, but are not limited to:
- Computational Social Science and Cultural Analytics
- Dialogue and Interactive Systems
- Discourse and Pragmatics
- Efficient Methods for NLP
- Ethics and NLP
- Generation
- Information Extraction
- Information Retrieval and Text Mining
- Interpretability and Analysis of Models for NLP
- Language Grounding to Vision, Robotics and Beyond
- Linguistic theories, Cognitive Modeling and Psycholinguistics
- Machine Learning for NLP
- Machine Translation and Multilinguality
- NLP Applications
- Phonology, Morphology and Word Segmentation
- Question Answering
- Resources and Evaluation
- Semantics: Lexical
- Semantics: Sentence-level Semantics, Textual Inference and Other areas
- Sentiment Analysis, Stylistic Analysis, and Argument Mining
- Speech and Multimodality
- Summarization
- Syntax: Tagging, Chunking and Parsing

Works may be submitted in English, Spanish, or Portuguese. We will assist authors in translating their accepted work into English (translated works will appear in both languages in the proceedings.)

If you have any questions, please write us to lxnl...@latinxinai.org

Looking forward to your participation!
LatinX in NLP chairs

Sree Ganesh

Mar 2, 2024, 11:14:13 AMMar 2
to naacl-lat...@googlegroups.com
Dear Team,
This is Prof. Sree from Germany. I want to contact LatinX NLP (NAACL 2024) organisers. We would like to collaborate with them from our German university.Please contact me.
Regards
Ganesh

Cheers,
Sree Ganesh.T