[AIED 2024] Cfp: New Track for Ongoing Work at EvalLAC!

1 view

Diana Galván

May 20, 2024, 6:42:04 PMMay 20
to naacl-lat...@googlegroups.com

===============

1st Workshop on Automated Evaluation of Learning and Assessment Content

AIED 2024 workshop | Recife (Brazil) & Hybrid | 8 July 2024

https://sites.google.com/view/eval-lac-2024/

===============

Dear Colleagues,

We hope this email finds you well. We are thrilled to share some exciting news about our upcoming workshop on Automated Evaluation of Learning and Assessment Content (EvalLAC) which will be co-located with AIED 2024 in Recife, Brazil. Due to the significant interest and enthusiasm we have received, we are pleased to announce the addition of a new track specifically designed to accommodate ongoing work!

Why This New Track?

We have been greatly encouraged by the high level of engagement and curiosity expressed by many of you regarding the workshop. To provide a platform for a broader range of contributions and to foster even more dynamic discussions, we are introducing this new track. Our goal is to support researchers at various stages of their projects and to highlight innovative and emerging ideas within our community.

What Does This Mean for You?

In addition to our existing call for long and short papers, we now welcome extended abstract submissions of ongoing work. This track is perfect for those who are in the midst of exciting research and would like to share their preliminary findings, methodologies, or conceptual frameworks with peers.

Submission Guidelines for Ongoing Work:

Format: AIED's style (using either the LaTeX template or the DOCX template)

Length: Up to 3 pages, excluding references.

Deadline: May 27th, 2024

Keynote Speakers:

We are also excited to highlight our two distinguished keynote speakers:

Prof. Zachary A. Pardos (UC Berkeley): Associate Professor of Education at UC Berkeley studying adaptive learning and AI. His current research focuses on knowledge representation and recommender systems approaches to increasing upward mobility in postsecondary education using behavioral and semantic data.

Dr. Victoria Yaneva (NBME): Manager, NLP Research at NBME (Philadelphia, USA), where she led a team working on improving educational assessment in medicine using NLP and behavioural data. Prior to that she was a post-doctoral researcher and PhD student at the University of Wolverhampton, UK, working on automated approaches towards improving text and web accessibility for people with autism.

Submit Your Work:

Please visit our workshop website for detailed submission instructions and to submit your ongoing work.

We believe this new track will enrich the workshop experience and provide a valuable opportunity for all participants to engage with cutting-edge research and ideas.

We are looking forward to receiving your submissions and seeing you at EvalLAC. If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your continued interest and support. Together, let's make EvalLAC a resounding success!

Organisers

Luca Benedetto (1), Andrew Caines (1), George Dueñas (2), Diana Galvan-Sosa (1), Anastassia Loukina (3), Shiva Taslimipoor (1), Torsten Zesch (4)

(1) ALTA Institute, Dept. of Computer Science and Technology, University of Cambridge

(2) National Pedagogical University, Colombia

(3) Grammarly, Inc.

(4) FernUniversität in Hagen