ILLC-NLP 2024 - First Workshop on NLP for Indigenous Languages of Lusophone Countries

Aline Paes

Dec 6, 2023, 11:51:20 AM12/6/23
to cor...@list.elra.info, gen...@forum.latinxinai.org, naacl-lat...@googlegroups.com, women-in-mac...@googlegroups.com, winlp-annou...@lists.umiacs.umd.edu, sig...@gmail.com, elsne...@mailman.let.uu.nl, siglex-...@googlegroups.com, connect...@mailman.srv.cs.cmu.edu

With great enthusiasm, we announce the first edition of the Natural Language Processing (NLP) Workshop for Indigenous Languages of Lusophone Countries

The workshop aims to explore, discuss, and enhance the development of resources, methods, and applications of NLP for indigenous languages, especially those spoken or that have influenced languages spoken in countries where Portuguese is currently the official language. We hope to contribute to the preservation and promotion of these languages. The workshop will be held in conjunction with PROPOR 2024.

Workshop Date: 13 or 14 March 2024, in Santiago de Compostela.

Paper Submission: 5 January 2024 AoE.

More information: https://sites.google.com/view/illc-nlp-2024/home

This event aims to expand knowledge and research in NLP for underrepresented languages. We encourage the participation of everyone who shares an interest in preserving and enriching the linguistic and cultural heritage of indigenous languages in a broad sense. This way, we welcome the submission of works including languages from all Portuguese-speaking nations, like those of African origin in Angola, Mozambique, and the Atlantic islands, as well as minority languages in Portugal.

Please help us spread the word about this event by sharing this call with your contacts and institutions. Your participation and support are crucial for the success of this workshop.

We are excited to see your contributions and active participation.

Sincerely,

Aline Paes, Aline Villavicencio, Claudio Pinhanez, Edward Gow-Smith, Paulo Rodrigo Cavalin (Workshop organisers)
Profa. Dra. Aline Paes (she/her)
Associate professor - Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
Institute of Computing / Universidade Federal Fluminense (IC/UFF)
Member of CE-PLN and BPLN
CNPq PQ-2 and FAPERJ JCNE
url: www.ic.uff.br/~alinepaes
Av Gal Milton Tavares de Souza, S/N, Computing Building, Office 504
São Domingos, Niterói, RJ, Brazil. ZIP 24210-346
***Please do not feel any pressure to respond out of your own regular working hours. Remember that this is supposed to be an asynchronous tool**