News from workshop participants & NAACL-2013

tsolorio

Apr 24, 2013, 10:29:41 PM4/24/13
to naacl-2010-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
We hope this message reaches everyone that participated in the NAACL-HLT 2010 Young Investigators Workshop. It's going to be three years this summer since we met at Los Angeles, and Ted and I would like to hear about any exciting news that you would like to share with us. Anything you would like to share with the group please send it either by replying to this message or by individual messages to Ted at tpederse_at_d_dot_umn_dot_edu and me at solorio_at_uab_dot_edu (remove/replace the obvious).

As an example, here's a list of things you could let us know about:
-new collaborations among people attending the workshop
-new collaborations resulting from your attendance to NAACL that do not necessarily include other workshop participants
-follow-up events similar to our workshop that also aim to form new ties or strengthen existing collaborations among researchers in the Americas
-new initiatives that can support new research projects with participants from the Americas
-other opportunities (e.g. student exchanges or research visits)
-anything else you would like to share that has a connection with the workshop
-new ideas on how to contribute to increase the collaborations among researchers in the Americas

Lastly, Ted and I will be at NAACL this summer, is anyone else on this group planing on going?
If so, let us know and we could plan to have a gathering (going for lunch, or dinner) to catch up with the group.

Hope to hear from everyone and possibly see you all soon!

Best,
Ted and Thamar

Agustin Gravano

Apr 24, 2013, 10:45:29 PM4/24/13
to naacl-2010-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,
I am attending NAACL this Summer. It will be great to meet you guys for lunch or dinner.
Best,
Agustin Gravano
(Univ of Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Thamar Solorio

Apr 26, 2013, 11:57:32 AM4/26/13
to naacl-2010-...@googlegroups.com
It's great to hear you're coming Agustin.
Let's meet at NAACL then. We can discuss more about this next month. Hopefully some other people in the group will come as well.

Best
TS

Ted Pedersen

Jun 4, 2013, 5:05:10 PM6/4/13
to naacl-2010-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

NAACL is nearly upon us, and so I thought I'd check again and see if
anyone else will be attending and would like to get together sometime.
I think at the moment our party consists of Thamar, Agustin, and me,
so I *think* we'd have room for a few more. :)

BTW I'll be arriving on Sat June 8 and departing Sat June 15. I'll be
giving a demo during NAACL (on Monday evening I think) of our
biomedical semantic similarity system (UMLS::Similarity) and
presenting a poster during SemEval (on Friday I believe). Hope to see
you then and at other times during NAACL!

Cordially,
Ted
Ted Pedersen
http://www.d.umn.edu/~tpederse

tsolorio

Jun 11, 2013, 11:37:35 PM6/11/13
to naacl-2010-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Can we try to meet for lunch or dinner tomorrow?

Agustin,
I've been trying to meet you but I haven't found you during the conference. There's a group of people from Latin America that's getting together tomorrow for lunch. Maybe we can all gathered by the registration desk and go for lunch together? Or, we can try dinner. What do you think?

Thanks
TS

El abr 24, 2013 11:33 p.m., "tsolorio" <thamar....@gmail.com> escribió:
[...]

Agustin Gravano

Jun 11, 2013, 11:43:47 PM6/11/13
to naacl-2010-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thamar,
Thanks for your email. Yes, let's meet for lunch tomorrow (wednesday)!
You're meeting at 12:20? At NAACL's registration desk, on 8th floor?
(I was all day yesterday at the conference, but today stayed at the hotel, since I wasn't feeling too well.)
Best,
~Agustin