deleting resources

1 view

PaulZH

Aug 12, 2009, 5:37:11 AM8/12/09
to n2-dev
If i want to remove everything related to a resource, is the only
option then to build a changeset with a removal instruction for all
the existing statements, triples related to that resource.

Or is there a shortcut for doing this?

In a REST API, i would have expected something along the lines
URI: /{storename}/meta?about= HTTP Method: DELETE

Or in the future with SPARQL update?

Leigh Dodds

Aug 12, 2009, 6:12:05 AM8/12/09
to n2-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

2009/8/12 PaulZH <pa...@proxml.be>:

If you are minting your own URIs then yes, at the moment, you need to
construct a changeset to remove all properties (and references to) a
resource. It should be possible to do most/all of this using a SPARQL
CONSTRUCT query.

There is a short cut that applies if you are minting uris under
/items. In this case if you DELETE /items/foo/bar, and that resource
doesn't exist in the contentbox as a file, then we will remove any
related statements from the metabox.

In future we're planning to revise the metabox api to support named
graphs. This would give you the option to put all data about a
resource in a single graph which could then be separately PUT or
DELETE'd. We may also consider a short-cut for deleting data across
graphs.

Cheers,

L.

--