Questions about the Talis Platform stores

Richard Cyganiak

Sep 21, 2010, 1:01:30 PM9/21/10
to n2-...@googlegroups.com, Keith Alexander
Hi,

A few quick questions about the Talis Platform stores:

1. Do Talis Platform stores support named graphs?

2. Is there any way of adding content to a store except POSTing
triples to the store's /meta service or using changesets?

3. Having added some content to the store, how do I reset the store
(delete all the triples)?

4. Has anyone made a command line utility for interacting with a Talis
Platform store (loading triples etc)?

Best,
Richard

Keith Alexander

Sep 21, 2010, 1:22:01 PM9/21/10
to Richard Cyganiak, n2-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Richard Cyganiak <ric...@cyganiak.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few quick questions about the Talis Platform stores:
>
> 1. Do Talis Platform stores support named graphs?

At the moment, sort of, but not really. If you look at, eg:
http://api.talis.com/stores/latc-dev1/meta/graphs you will see that
this store has some graphs but the API doesn't offer a way to create
or delete new graphs. The existing graphs of a store maybe password
protected, so you can use these graphs to store private information,
and query them with {store}/services/multisparql which is also
password protected.

> 2. Is there any way of adding content to a store except POSTing triples to
> the store's /meta service or using changesets?

You can POST binary content to the contentbox ({store}/items) and
also PUT binary content to items within that namespace.

> 3. Having added some content to the store, how do I reset the store (delete
> all the triples)?

POST a reset job to /jobs
see: http://n2.talis.com/wiki/Reset_Data_Job

> 4. Has anyone made a command line utility for interacting with a Talis
> Platform store (loading triples etc)?

Yes. see: http://github.com/ldodds/pho/blob/master/bin/talis_store

For a web interface, see http://myadmin.kwijibo.talis.com/

HTH