error: "Body of request does not contain well formed XML"

gavranha

Jan 11, 2010, 2:46:59 PM1/11/10
to n2-dev
I'm very new to RDF, Triple Stores and real world web development. I
need some help with POSTing data in Talis.

I've posted some weeks ago for testing and everything works fine (with
trivial curl command).

I'm trying again and several validated RDF files (even the old already
sent) are rejected with the above message.

I've searched in Jira and realize that is NOT a bug; it seems to be my
mistake.

For your convenience, I uploaded for Google Docs:

the command - https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ASW3s75rmer_ZGRyY3FxdHRfMzUyZDluaGtrZ3I&hl=en

the RDF file (TimBl_card.rdf)
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ASW3s75rmer_ZGRyY3FxdHRfMzUxNTRkcXZqZzc&hl=en

and curl's trace - https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ASW3s75rmer_ZGRyY3FxdHRfMzUwZ2ZydnJoZHY&hl=en

Thanks in advance, for any help.

Lopes

Malcolm Landon

Jan 11, 2010, 3:02:12 PM1/11/10
to n2-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lopes

I've only taken a quick look, but I'm wondering if it's your curl command that causing the problem.

Your using:

curl -d /home/gavranha/Desktop/TimBl_card.rdf --digest -u "jlopes:********" -H content-type:application/rdf+xml --trace ~/Desktop/talis_trace.txt

I believe you need a @ in front of the filename like this.

curl -d @/home/gavranha/Desktop/TimBl_card.rdf --digest -u "jlopes:********" -H content-type:application/rdf+xml --trace ~/Desktop/talis_trace.txt

Your curl trace shows that the length of the post was 37 bytes - I think your original command is sending the string "home/gavranha/Desktop/TimBl_card.rdf" instead of the contents of the file.

Hope this helps,

Malcolm

2010/1/11 gavranha <gavr...@gmail.com>
--
----
n-squared : Talis Platform Developers

email - mal...@landonsonline.me.uk
web   - malcolm.landonsonline.me.uk

Jocimar Lopes

Jan 11, 2010, 5:19:13 PM1/11/10
to n2-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Malcolm,

thanks a lot for your help.

Me, a little donkey, a little asleep and... bump!  :))

Everything is fine now (after some hours checking XML syntax..., file conversions in my desktop... etc. etc...)

Serious: thanks, Malcolm. You save my day. Believe.

Cheers

Lopes

2010/1/11 Malcolm Landon <malcolm...@gmail.com>

--