facet service

PaulZH

Aug 12, 2009, 5:09:26 AM8/12/09
to n2-dev
The faceted service works fine if the entities queried are having
datatype properties.
However in my set there is some indirection, where I first need to
travers an object property to get at the wished datatype property.

:book1 :author :author1
:author1 :name "JJ"

I would like to do faceting on the author's name.

I did understand that this is not possible yet.
But is this in the pipeline of future developments?

Leigh Dodds

Aug 12, 2009, 6:08:29 AM8/12/09
to n2-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

2009/8/12 PaulZH <pa...@proxml.be>:

Yes it is. We have some improvements planned to the search indexing
functionality (which the facet service builds upon) that will remove
the limitation of only indexing literals of a resource. Instead we're
intending to allow a path expression to be used so that one can facet
on properties of connected resources. The book/author example is one
of the use cases we had in mind for this.

Internally we've agreed the basic scope of the revised system but have
not yet scheduled the work. I'll provide you with an update on that
when we do.

Cheers,

L.

--