Come dance on Saturday!

N Street Music

Nov 6, 2013, 9:01:42 PM11/6/13
to n-stree...@googlegroups.com

Local funk sensation Big Sticky Mess and Ital Souls featuring Sky-I are set to play a house show on November 9th at N Street Music. This pairing was first experienced at the Whole Earth Festival as these bands played back to back to a receptive crowd. Since then Big Sticky Mess has maintained a blistering pace performing locally, and Ital Souls is fresh off the release of a live EP from Whole Earth.

What
    WhenNov 09, 2013
    from 09:00 PM to 11:30 PM
    Where716 N Street Common House
    Contact NameTobia Seeger
    Add event to calendar vCal
     iCal

    With the overflow of DJs and electronica, this night of live music focused on dancing is a refreshing complement. Live acts provide natural rhythms that feed off the crowd's energy and stay in the groove until they're satisfied. Few are better in the greater bay area than vocalist Sky-I at commanding his band to the will of the stepping crowd while delivering hip/hop, reggae, and soul. Part of his smoothness on the mic is due to his usage of three languages: French, Patois, and English. He adapts his style and his language at will based on the responses he feels from the crowd.

    The Ital Souls band has the remarkable track record of releasing live recordings from nearly every show they play, having backed reggae legend Shinehead and bay area heavy hitter Rocker-T. While maintaining their focus on roots and rocksteady, they have also expanded into more funk, dancehall, and their own original jams. Joined by local reggae master, drummer Eric Everett, the rhythm section has taken a creative leap forward and will debut this new sound at N Street. Along with the usual cast of characters and surprise guests, this act will be sure to impress.

    Big Sticky Mess is an honest-to-goodness funk band, James Brown trapped inside our Davis town. Previously the members were in a group called Seamoose.  It was a band that people talked and buzzed and went to see whenever they could. Tacos and Beer had them weekly and they opened for national acts Zion I, SOJA and RJD2. After a year in the studio and rehearsing, the funk has reincarnated as Big Sticky Mess.

    DJ Cyclin' Cam will feature recordings and interviews on "Lively Up Yourself!" a reggae show he hosts and produces on KDRT, a local grassroots station that is part of community media center Davis Media Access.  The show airs Wednesdays at 2 p.m. at 95.7 FM in Davis and worldwide at http://kdrt.org, and will feature related content up to the Nov. 9 event.

    Show starts at 9pm. N Street Cohousing Common House: 716 N Street Davis, CA 95616

    Refreshments available to benefit Uganda Children’s Scholarship Fund.

    $10 suggested donation

    Artists’ websites: www.italsouls.com www.iamskyi.com reverbnation.com/bigstickymess

    Visit http://nstreetcohousing.org/n-street-music for more show information or emailnstreetd...@gmail.com

    BigStickyMess_NSTREET_131109web.jpg