Stress Test

Pete (Nebula)

Jun 23, 2009, 11:35:44 AM6/23/09
to N-Prize
Hi Guys

Sorry to bother everyone, but you couldn't go en-masse to

http://www.nebula-aerospace.com/multimedia/tv/tv.asp

and stress-test my TV server for me could you? If you see a test-card,
then everything's OK - I've written some streaming software and I need
to know that it can service several people at once down a low-
bandwidth pipe.

I'll leave the server running up until 20:00 GMT (unless something
crashes first)

Many thanks

Pete

N-prize

Jun 23, 2009, 11:51:21 AM6/23/09
to n-p...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm - Nothing happens for me.  My computer grumbles that it is trying to open a file but can't...
P (running Safari and Firefox under OSX)
=======================
Paul H. Dear,
Chief Optimist.

The N-Prize,
PO Box 1133,
Sawston,
Cambridge CB22 3WB
England.

The sender of this email is not responsible.
=======================

Blair Gordon

Jun 23, 2009, 11:51:35 AM6/23/09
to n-p...@googlegroups.com
i could see the test card

MisterQED

Jun 23, 2009, 11:58:56 AM6/23/09
to N-Prize
I got the test card.

MisterQED
Team Daedalus

Richard Hauser

Jun 23, 2009, 12:04:09 PM6/23/09
to n-p...@googlegroups.com
Best to set a GMT time for us all to try.

MisterQED
--
Sent from my mobile device

Pete (Nebula)

Jun 23, 2009, 12:51:02 PM6/23/09
to N-Prize
Thanks chaps

I've all the data I need now.

Paul: Hmmm Safari Eh .... I think I know what to do. Firefox should
have worked however.

Richard: Will do. When I'm ready to take the gloves off and go with
real video (probably a view from the outside of my office), I'll post
a GMT and you can all descend at will.

Thanks again - you're a great bunch.

Pete
> Sent from my mobile device- Hide quoted text -

N-prize

Jun 23, 2009, 1:50:40 PM6/23/09
to n-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

Just tried it again and it worked - I get the test card - not sure why it failed before....

Pete (Nebula)

Jun 23, 2009, 1:52:30 PM6/23/09
to N-Prize
Thanks Paul.

Monroe

Jun 24, 2009, 7:13:35 AM6/24/09
to N-Prize
I draw a blank, but I think im just too late. But hey nice idea!
Monroe