Questions, concerns...

cooldude3659

Nov 18, 2008, 7:48:53 PM11/18/08
to WOT: Web of Trust
There's still quite a few problems, and questions relating to this
group. First off, there's only ten people, and I still haven't been
able to get more people. If you have any suggestions, leave them.
Second, we have many disputes as to the purpose of this group. Some
people think it should sort of be something just for users of WOT
where they can give each other tech support and discuss things, as
well as upload files for others to see. Some see it as an advertising
technique because it may come up in google search results if it gets
active. Leave your comments in this post or the post: What do you want
to see in this google group?
Third, no one is posting. We only have ten people right now, so we
have to all be active for this group to succeed---so please: post,
upload create and invite.
Fourth, we haven't been making much progress on any of the group
projects. The brochure I started and made a post about got no
comments, and the wiki WOT is still just an idea and is far from even
beginning. This somewhat relates to posting, but we also need a way to
organize parts of who will do what on the Wiki WOT, if we do it, etc.
FINALLY, the group has no decision as to whether or not one person
will be leading the group such as Deborah, Sami, Esa, (or from the way
it is now it looks like it might be me) or if the group is going to
only consist of everyone just working together and no leader or
leaders. You can make managers in this group, and I don't know if we
are going to have them or what.

In Summary: The group has few members, few posts, no idea of the
purpose, no organization, no progress, and no idea as to whether or
not we should have a leader.

In a shorter summary:The group is not doing very good. :(

Now I'm not saying this is anyone's fault, and I know it's still in
its beginnings, I'm just saying we need to work together and sort of
um, well fix it or make it better one way or another. So please, if
you can, post your ideas on this, and then I thought about making a
poll where we'd vote on which ideas we think are best. But we can't
vote if there's only one response, so...post. :D

Anyway, I know this is the beginning and in a way expected, but I feel
that it doesn't feel like anything is being done to help get on track,
so I just decided to post this. It's NO ONE's FAULT, but it is our
group, so we need to fix the problems. So talk to you soon! Notice
the ! because the only way you'll talk back to me and I'll talk back
to you again is if you post. :D

madsdam

Dec 5, 2008, 7:15:40 AM12/5/08
to WOT: Web of Trust
wehaveitall: "The group has no decision as to whether or not one
person
will be leading the group such as Deborah, Sami, Esa, (or from the way
it is now it looks like it might be me)"

Well, the person, who starts something, is usually the leader.
So I guess it's you... ;-)

wehaveitall: "The group has few members, few posts, no idea of the
purpose, no organization, no progress, and no idea as to whether or
not we should have a leader."

Somewhat ironic! Siteadvisor has no forum at all, and WOT has now
two.
But perhaps it should be obvious what the second forum offers?
If that's unknown, why shouldn't they remain on the first..?

Imo, the WIKI element is one of the features
that the first forum does not offer...

cooldude3659

Dec 5, 2008, 7:22:48 PM12/5/08
to WOT: Web of Trust
Hi madsdam,
Sorry about the late response(s) everyone, I've just been a bit busy
lately
Anyway, yes, you are very right, the reason for this post was to
decide what this forum SHOULD offer. The group in general can work on
user based projects such as the WOT wiki, and can promote WOT in
search results. It sounds like the forum will be a place where just
users can talk to each other, not just for technical issues, but for
future project ideas, and just general discussions.

Also, some of what I had said has changed since then. We now have more
members, more posts, a much better idea of purpose, we've made some
progress, and I think that although before I thought there would be
one leader, it seems as though everyone has taken a big part in this
group, and is really a "leader." So, I wouldn't consider myself the
only leader here.

As for organization, we seem to be doing fairly well, but it still
could use some work, mainly pertaining to some of the unsolved or not
fully solved answers in this post.

Thanks for your comments!

And one question, what is your username on the WOT forum?