setup questions

222fbj

Nov 25, 2010, 2:49:10 AM11/25/10
to MyWolfe-Linux
I'm running Mywolfe on a Dellmini - usb drive....
1. Video: Video is set to 1024x600 and the desktop looks good. But
some apps have windows that extend below the taskbar and I dont see a
way to scroll down. As if the app thinks there is 800px vertical.
Any suggestions?

2. VNC/Remote Control: Is VNC or another remote control app available
(and where/how do I install it)? I want to control it from WinXP on
my home network. I looked in quickpet/pkg manager but did not see
anything.

3. Menu: How do I edit the top/animated menu (Home, Web, etc.)?

Thanks

grumpywolfe

Nov 25, 2010, 10:17:56 AM11/25/10
to MyWolfe-Linux
Question 1
I my self run on a note book and have some appts run off screen and
most are set for older style screens. what you do is place your mouse
pointer on a black part of the app window hold down alt press left
mouse botton and move the window up.

Question 2
Not to sure about the use or what is need for VCN but you can use this
search point to help I do a lot
http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html

Question 3
It is a hidden file in the root dir. open rox left click the little
eye scroll down to bottom you will see a wbar file open it and add or
subtract what you want just remember to use this format.

i:/usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/home48.png
c:rox /root
t:Home

first line is the icon line 2 is the exe line and line 3 is tool tip.
is all three are not met then the tool bar will not work it will fail
with a segfalt.

grumpywolfe

Nov 25, 2010, 10:24:12 AM11/25/10
to MyWolfe-Linux
I forgot to add to see the change to the wbar you will have to reboot
the xserver

On Nov 25, 9:17 am, grumpywolfe <grumpywo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Question 1
> I my self run on a note book and have some appts run off screen and
> most are set for older style screens. what you do is place your mouse
> pointer on a black part of the app window hold down alt press left
> mouse botton and move the window up.
>
> Question 2
> Not to sure about the use or what is need for VCN but you can use this
> search point to help I do a lothttp://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html

222fbj

Nov 26, 2010, 7:11:54 AM11/26/10
to MyWolfe-Linux
Thanks for 'MyWolfe' and your replies. I found a forum post with a
solution to Question 2 - about VNC:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=27424
The post includes a link for 'xx11vnc_server-0.9.4B.pet' which
installed and allows me to remote control 'mywolfe' from XP (using
tightvnc viewer.)
screen shot - http://222fbj.iimmgg.com/image/83401fa37cecabd9a41bdc07230707e9
This is a nice tool to have - maybe worth including in a future
version of mywolfe.