Feeds

Kevin Branigan

Nov 30, 2008, 9:06:52 AM11/30/08
to MyTTC
Here are the public links to the GTFS and SQL database dumps we have
created.

November 30th, 2.4 million stop times:
http://media.myttc.ca/myttc_2008-11-30.sql.gz
http://media.myttc.ca/myttc_gtfs_2008-11-30.zip

November 11th, 2.1 million stop times:
http://media.myttc.ca/myttc_2008-11-11.sql.gz
http://media.myttc.ca/myttc_gtfs_2008-11-11.zip

Let me know if any of you have any problems with them.

george

Nov 30, 2008, 10:25:02 AM11/30/08
to MyTTC
Thanks!

On Nov 30, 9:06 am, Kevin Branigan <kbrani...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are the public links to the GTFS and SQL database dumps we have
> created.
>
> November 30th, 2.4 million stop times:http://media.myttc.ca/myttc_2008-11-30.sql.gzhttp://media.myttc.ca/myttc_gtfs_2008-11-30.zip
>
> November 11th, 2.1 million stop times:http://media.myttc.ca/myttc_2008-11-11.sql.gzhttp://media.myttc.ca/myttc_gtfs_2008-11-11.zip

Awang

Dec 4, 2008, 4:33:47 PM12/4/08
to MyTTC
Link to the GTFS is broken.

Zhenwang.

On Nov 30, 6:06 am, Kevin Branigan <kbrani...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are the public links to the GTFS and SQL database dumps we have
> created.
>
> November 30th, 2.4 million stop times:http://media.myttc.ca/myttc_2008-11-30.sql.gzhttp://media.myttc.ca/myttc_gtfs_2008-11-30.zip
>
> November 11th, 2.1 million stop times:http://media.myttc.ca/myttc_2008-11-11.sql.gzhttp://media.myttc.ca/myttc_gtfs_2008-11-11.zip

Kevin Branigan

Dec 4, 2008, 5:46:46 PM12/4/08
to MyTTC
perhaps it was a temporary thing? all four of the links work from me

in perhaps another week or so I'll will be putting up a new GTFS which
will have a lot of new data - all the blue night routes/streetcars and
a lot of unfinished shapes are being updated. I'll keep you all
posted, but I don't want to publish until the number of updates
warrant it.

On Dec 4, 4:33 pm, Awang <zhenwang....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Link to the GTFS is broken.
>
> Zhenwang.
>
> On Nov 30, 6:06 am, Kevin Branigan <kbrani...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Here are the public links to the GTFS and SQL database dumps we have
> > created.
>
> > November 30th, 2.4 million stop times:http://media.myttc.ca/myttc_2008-11-30.sql.gzhttp://media.myttc.ca/my...
>
> > November 11th, 2.1 million stop times:http://media.myttc.ca/myttc_2008-11-11.sql.gzhttp://media.myttc.ca/my...

jeffm...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2008, 4:54:43 AM12/6/08
to MyTTC
Does anyone know of any good programs/processes for converting the SQL
dump to a SQLite database?

George Talusan

Dec 6, 2008, 9:00:10 AM12/6/08
to my...@googlegroups.com
Use mysqldump in ANSI mode and convert the data types to their
equivalents. You can similarly use 'sed' on Kevin and Kieran's SQL
script to strip out the MySQL cruft. It's fairly straightforward.
Work on a small table (I suggest services) to get your script working.

Kieran Huggins

Dec 6, 2008, 4:50:24 PM12/6/08
to MyTTC
One thing to be mindful of hen using SQLite: the database is loaded
completely into memory every time you access it. For a large database
(and ours isn't small!) this could incur quite a performance hit.

I'm sure there are several ways to MacGyver your way around this....
Kevin and I have been experimenting with generating departure times on
the fly rather than selecting them from the DB, as even on a normal
server these queries tend to be somewhat heavy. The jury's still out
on which method is faster, and the size of the database is an
important factor. Its quite possible that straight SQL lookups are
faster in all cases except very large agencies (of which the TTC is
one)

You can find something similar in Kevin's screensaver code (in C).

Cheers,

On Dec 6, 9:00 am, "George Talusan" <george.talu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Use mysqldump in ANSI mode and convert the data types to their
> equivalents.  You can similarly use 'sed' on Kevin and Kieran's SQL
> script to strip out the MySQL cruft.  It's fairly straightforward.
> Work on a small table (I suggest services) to get your script working.

George Talusan

Dec 6, 2008, 5:40:29 PM12/6/08
to my...@googlegroups.com
MacGyver, incidentally, is my middle name.

You'll also find performance increases by being mindful of the order
of the inner joins.