Group E-Mail Notifications

wendyc...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2015, 11:15:35 AM6/11/15
to mytowngovernme...@googlegroups.com
I recently replaced an employee who used to post for one of our Boards.  When she was posting, an e-mail notification went out to everyone on the Board as a reminder that they have a meeting coming.  Since I have been authorized to post for this Board, the e-mail notifications no longer go out.  Several members have complained so I have tried to figure out how to fix the problem but find no place to add a group for a mass e-mail.  Help?

Town Clerk

Jun 11, 2015, 11:26:03 AM6/11/15
to mytowngovernme...@googlegroups.com

You need to contact the respective Town Clerk so you can be authorized on the mytowngovernment.org system. You will get your own password. There is a place on the page where you can send to others interested in your meetings.

I love mytowngovernment.org!!

Eloise Salls

Town Clerk of Berlin

Joshua Smith

Jun 11, 2015, 11:28:33 AM6/11/15
to mytowngovernme...@googlegroups.com
Emails go to everyone who subscribes themselves to messages about that board.

They also go to everyone who is authorized to post for the board.

I suspect that the employee might have been doing the broadcast posting manually. The best answer is to tell the board members to visit the board page and “subscribe to email alerts for this board”

On Jun 11, 2015, at 11:15 AM, wendyc...@gmail.com wrote:

I recently replaced an employee who used to post for one of our Boards.  When she was posting, an e-mail notification went out to everyone on the Board as a reminder that they have a meeting coming.  Since I have been authorized to post for this Board, the e-mail notifications no longer go out.  Several members have complained so I have tried to figure out how to fix the problem but find no place to add a group for a mass e-mail.  Help?

Wendy Johnson

Jun 12, 2015, 9:28:35 AM6/12/15
to mytowngovernme...@googlegroups.com
They all were subscribed to the messages.  The only change is that a different person posts the meetings now.  They used to receive notifications until I started posting instead of the previous employee.

Joshua Smith

Jun 12, 2015, 10:14:07 AM6/12/15
to mytowngovernme...@googlegroups.com
That makes no sense. It shouldn’t matter who posts.

Can you please send me a link to one of the board’s meetings so I can take a look?