Meeting dates default to 20th century e.g. 3/14/16 -> March 14, 1916

Peter DeGregorio

Feb 25, 2016, 7:02:44 AM2/25/16
to MyTownGovernment Users Forum
I was using the test site Anytown, USA with my smartphone and created a meeting by entering 3/14/16 in the date field (despite the format being mm/dd/yyyyy). I also didn't notice the Calendar button either. What happened is the meeting got created for 3/14/1916 rather than 3/14/2016. A new user mistake for sure but despite being rather computer literate I didn't notice it until I printed it out.

Also, can a meeting created in error, such as this one 100 years ago, be deleted vs marked as cancelled?

-- Pete

Joshua Smith

Feb 25, 2016, 8:42:42 AM2/25/16
to mytowngovernme...@googlegroups.com
I’ll update the logic so it assume 2016, not 1916. I’m surprised nobody has ever noticed that before!

No, you cannot delete meetings under any circumstances, since there’s no way for the system to know if that meeting might actually be a matter of contention.

-Joshua

Joshua Smith

Feb 25, 2016, 8:54:37 AM2/25/16
to mytowngovernme...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea how you did that. The code says:

def getYear(y):
  year = int(y)
  if year < 100:
    year += 2000
  if year < 1900:
    year = datetime.datetime.now().year
  return year

If you put in a 2-digit year, it adds 2000 to it.

And I just tried 4/1/16 and it did the right thing.

Peter DeGregorio

Feb 25, 2016, 9:04:02 AM2/25/16
to mytowngovernme...@googlegroups.com
I did it from my Apple iPhone. I entered 3/13/16 and then clicked Calendar button when I noticed the button. So it's the calendar widget? I should have mentioned this detail!

---
Peter DeGregorio
(Mobile)
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "MyTownGovernment Users Forum" group.

Joshua Smith

Feb 25, 2016, 9:19:01 AM2/25/16
to mytowngovernme...@googlegroups.com
Oh, yeah, that makes sense. So you tricked the calendar widget into putting 1916 in there. Fixed. (You’ll probably have to clear your caches or restart your browser to see the change.)

Peter DeGregorio

Feb 25, 2016, 9:42:52 AM2/25/16
to mytowngovernme...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. It's often the new users who find the really obscure stuff because they do weird things such as typing in a short date mm/dd/yy and then clicking calendar button. I would never manually type a date now that I've seen the calendar button.

Peter DeGregorio